Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Weekend Report...

This was a wonderful weekend. Started Friday night going to a car show in Torrington, where they close off Main Street. We got there at about 5pm, and got ourselves a good spot, and we were able to watch all the cars come in.

One of them, interestingly enough, was one of these. It's a Ford, F650 (yeah, I only thought they went up to F350 myself). It's absolutely HUGE!

Other than that, it was quite warm and humid out, and halfway through the show, all of a sudden, like in a horror movie, we were inundated by what I can only call 'flying ants'. Millions of them. It was the most odd thing I've seen in all my life. These things were everywhere, and covered my car as they love yellow (as all bugs do, they think it's a flower). I got tired of swatting them off my car, and I cringed watching them crawl all over it. It was almost impossible to get out of the show from where we were, and oddly enough, after about an hour, they were mostly gone. VERY strange.

Now, on to the news:

High school students suspended after violating dress code by wearing jacket and tie

Passenger tries to open plane door at 30,000 feet. Duct-tapilarity ensues

The 10 Ugliest Cars....

That's it for today... enjoy your week all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Just checking to see if Comments work!

August 27, 2007 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

Yet another! Hard to keep a good man down.

Good stuff bud, especially the cars.

August 29, 2007 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home