436 – More & More Snow!
Yep, its snowing overnight Thursday into Friday, and we’re supposed to end up with another 3-6 inches. Did I mention I’m ready for Spring?
Oh, and we’re also due to get more on Tuesday of next week!
Mark, regarding your comment from Wednesday’s post, my dinners with friends was what I was meaning about “living life to its fullest”, and I hadn’t even considered the vacations. My wife and I are fortunate to both have good jobs, our bills paid, kids moved out and the savings to be able to vacation probably more often than most.
I was more talking about the little things. The being able to spend time with friends, the freedom I have (and share) to do things with my friends that make me very happy, whether it be speak to them on the phone, where we share a bit of each other, or going out to dinner or a movie.
My friends mean a lot to me, and it takes a lot to lose a friend. I have friends I haven’t seen in many years (like Kent who also commented), but mean just as much to me, in a different way. Kent knows a few of the others down yonder that I miss deeply. I called Kent a few weeks ago, and it was like magic how good it felt to talk to him.
Well, enough of this… on to something funny: (another for Kent/Bubba)
You know you're a redneck when...
Your gene pool doesn't have a "deep end".
Your dog can't watch you eat without gagging.
You have been fired from a construction job because of your appearance.
Your lifetime goal is to own a fireworks stand.
Your mother keeps a spit cup on the ironing board.
Fewer than half of your cars run.
You buy two CB radios so you can talk to yourself.
Your mom gives you tips on how to sneak booze into sporting events.
You wake up with both a black eye and a hickey.
You've been to a funeral and there were more pick-ups than cars.
Your dog rides in your truck more than your wife.
Bubba and the Motorcycle
Two guys were roaring down a country road on a motorcycle when the driver slowed up and pulled over. His leather jacket had a broken zipper, and he told his friend, "I can't drive anymore with the air hitting me in the chest like that." "Just put the jacket on backwards," his friend advised. They continued down the road but around the next bend, they lost control and wiped out. Bubba came upon the accident and ran to call the police. They asked him, "Are they showing any signs of life?" "Well," Bubba explained, "the driver was until I turned his head around the right way!"
Have a nice weekend all…!

3 Comments:
I completely understand. Voices make a huge difference, even when you can see the words on a screen. And, if I may say, an arm over the shoulder can be good, too.
Poor old Bubba!!
Mark.. you understand, I know you do.
Peter, Bubba is an outstanding, wonderful friend. We've spent some incredible time together for work, and afterwards. He's one of the best.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home