431 – Snow and More Snow
Well, we got about 8 inches of snow on Friday night into Saturday morning! Luckily, it was the light, fluffy kind that was easy to move. Also, my wonderful neighbor plowed my driveway before I even got up!
The bad news is, we’re do for a huge snowstorm Tuesday night into Wednesday, possibly up over 12 inches of the white stuff.
Saturday, I took my wife to one of my favorite new restaurants called Somewhere in Bangkok. We both had the Mango Chicken Curry, which is one of the best meals I’ve ever had. She enjoyed it immensely, and we’ll definitely be going back again.
So what’d we all think of this gunman in Arizona? When do we put a stop to the hatred, and stop allowing people to hide behind the first amendment? What Sarah Palin had on her website should have been a crime. The hatred that people like Rush Limbaugh spread, should be stopped and they should be held accountable for things like this.
There’s way too much hatred being spread right now in politics… it’s GOT to stop!
That’s it for today.. except to wish an old friend a Happy Birthday.
Have a nice Monday.

4 Comments:
It's pretty awful how desensitized US citizens (on average) have become to violence in general. I can't believe it wasn't all over the airwaves and FB, etc. more than it was. The hatred is awful, and like you said, when supposedly sane people put up things making a mockery of targeting someone with a gun, it doesn't help matters. My family derived enjoyment from guns during my childhood, and my parents are very active in a shooting skills club (Single Action Shooting Society), so it's hard for me to completely switch camps on gun rights. I do agree, however, that lots of things were different back when our founding fathers framed this country's basic rights. Mostly I think we need to stop putting violence out there as an acceptable and even encouraged behavior (in games, etc. that glorify assassins, theives, torturers, vengeance).
Oh, and PS. We got about 5 inches of snow here Sunday morning/afternoon, and it's still glorious this morning. McKinney school district (where Alvis' wife teaches) is closed, but ours starts two hours late. I'm working from home at least for the morning.
Good luck with the snow. I just talked to my son. He worked the midnight shift and is on his way home through about 14" of the white stuff. Pulaski got 11".
We only received a dusting here [see my tweet of this morning]
Mark, By no means is my post a call for gun control! It's a call to stop violence, to stop the political bashing that's rampant nowadays, and to hold people RESPONSIBLE for this!
Kent,11 inches??? WOW! Pulaski must be shut down for a month! We had a quarter inch once when I was there, and they closed the plant!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home