Wednesday, November 2, 2011

524 – Life Without Power…

SUCKS!

We got smacked with what I consider the worst storm I’ve ever seen in my life on Saturday, October 28th. We got 12 inches of wet, heavy snow on top of trees that still had most of their leaves on them.

The NorthEast part of the US has over 2 million people with no power.

Our state alone had over 800,000 with no power. We lost ours Saturday night, and just got it back Tuesday night at around 7pm.

Thank you to the electrical crews from Sumter South Carolina, for coming to Connecticut and working 16 hour days to help us. I made sure I went out and thanked these men for their hard work and sacrifice of being away from home and friends for so long.tree

Here’s just one of the trees with broken branches in my backyard.

Click on the pic to ‘embiggen’.

 

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the rest of the people who have no power.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Sorry you guys got hit so hard. Maybe the silver lining is that it wasn't super cold outside yet.

November 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I am so sorry you copped such a terrific storm and so many lost Power and that Halloween wasn't
celebrated. The kids would be very
disappointed. I hope the power has been returned to all the people who lost it --over 800,000.Unbelievable.

Glad you enjoyed my post especially
the Sayiing Grace at Restaurant.
Take great care my friend.
Regards, Merle.

November 3, 2011 at 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came over to see if you were back online. So sorry that so much of the NE got so messed up. It will make Hawaii seem even grander!

{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

November 3, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home