270 – Weekend Update
I went to a Tailgate Party and a Football game broke out!
Yep, me, my friend Dave and brother went to the UCONN/Louisville football game on Saturday (UCONN won, 38-25). The tailgating is almost if not more fun than the game itself!
We arrived around 10am or so for a noon game, unpacked the truck and set up the tables, chairs, grille and cooler. The weather was cool, but sunny so it warmed you up as long as the sun was out which was most of the time. For food, we had homemade pulled pork sandwiches that I made, and Jamaican Jerk Chili (recipe available upon request) made by Dave. My brother brought the knives, f0rks, bowls, chips, and we all brought our own beer/soda. The food was outstanding, it was such a wonderful day… and with the UCONN win, that just made it complete.
After the game, we came home, and I fell asleep on my chair in the living room for about an hour before we had to leave to go to a party at Dave and his wife’s house right afterwards. We came home a bit early, as the wife and I both needed the rest.
Sunday, other than my daughter and I going to see my mom, it was an uneventful day (thank goodness!)
I”m wondering how long I should keep up this blog.. as it seems I only have two readers,Mark and Merle whom I appreciate a lot.
Oh well, have a wonderful Monday all…

4 Comments:
Don't forget, you might have several readers who don't comment. That's a bit creepy, sometimes, on a blog as personal as yours, but I suppose that a lurker could get perfectly innocent enjoyment out of reading your blog (the jokes, etc.). Or, it could be somebody who knows you but just doesn't like to comment for whatever reason. My folks tell me about things they read and enjoy on mine, but they never comment.
That's what I tell myself, anyway, when I start wondering the same thing!
Glad you had a great weekend. I saw that one of UConn's star players died in a stabbing, though. That's sad. I think it was UConn, anyway.
Yeah Mark, it was awful news here as he was instrumental in the win on Saturday. He even got the game ball for his hard work (11 tackles, 1 strip for a fumble recovery).
Hi Dave ~~ Don't give up the blog. Keep it as a journal for yourself.
Meanwhile Mark and I will continue to read and comment.
Just a quick note to tell you I have left an award for you on my blog. Hope you enjoy. Regards, Merle.
Merle,
Thank you EVER so much, but I really don't accept awards. I'm honored that you believe my blog should receive one.. but I also don't even know 15 bloggers! *chuckling*
Nonetheless, thank you so very, very much dear friend! *S*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home