Wednesday, November 9, 2011

526 – Power, or lack thereof…

Well, 99% of the power is restored in Connecticut, although I’m glad I’m not part of THAT 1%. We’re on the 12th day of outages.

We were very fortunate to get our power back last Tuesday night. My brother, sister in law and their dog came to stay with us till Saturday afternoon, when their power came back on. It was kinda nice to have them over, and we had a lot of fun.

On Saturday, my daughter and her boyfriend came over with my “grandpuppy”.

Check out his Halloween Costume! *chuckling*max2

(Click on my buddy to ‘embiggen’)

He’s hilarious when he’s at our house. Runs like a nut on our carpet and has a great time.

Seems we’re going to be “puppysitting” him for a few days after Thanksgiving!

Well, on to something funny from my friend michelle:

Punishment Air Force Style 
A US Air Force C-141 is scheduled  to leave Thule Air Base, Greenland at midnight. During the pilot's pre-flight check, he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still full from the last flight. So a message is sent to the base and an airman who was off duty is called out to take care of it. This  guy finds that the latrine pump truck has been left outdoors and is frozen solid, so he must find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time. He returns to the aircraft and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as not to risk criticism later. 
As he's leaving the plane, the pilot stops him and says, "Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late and I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded but punished". Shivering in the cold, his task finished, he takes a deep breath, Stands up tall and says, "Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son; I'm an Airman in the United States Air Force. I've been in Thule, Greenland, for 11 months without any leave, and reindeers' asses are beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe; it's two-thirty in the morning, the temperature is 40 degrees below zero, and my job here is to pump shit out of an aircraft. Now, just exactly what form of punishment did you have in mind?"

Have a great day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

That's not a dog; that's a ferocious lion! Lucky you weren't eaten alive.

Glad to hear the visit from family due to the power outage went smoothly. That could turn out quite differently for a few families I know.

November 10, 2011 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Glad things are getting
back to normal after that storm. You don't want too many like that.
Glad you enjoyed my post. My back is
really giving me hell in spite of new tablet and physio. I hope it soon eases as I can barely walk.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.

November 12, 2011 at 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home