Monday, November 19, 2007

Forecast: COLD!

I apologize if this post is a duplicate....

Wow, it was about 30 degrees this morning when I came in, and I hear parts of Pennsylvania are buried already under 5-10 inches of snow!! *groan*
Now, I do remember some "white Thanksgivings" as a kid... but I thought that was very rare.

This past weekend was busy.. Saturday morning, my son and I went out for breakfast then to get some wood for my wood stove. The place we went, originally the guy said he had nothing to sell me as all he had was sold, but then must have felt bad as he pointed us to a pile off to the side and said to fill up with that and he'd charge me when he saw what we took. Well, I took about the same amount I took the year before (where I was charged $60) and this year, he came and looked at the wood in my SUV and said "Just give me twenty bucks". I wished him a Happy Thanksgiving and was on my way with a smile (then had to stack it at home).

In the afternoon we went to a wine tasting at a wine store and I bought 6 bottles of a 2000 Bordeaux that I had tried from the week before called Chateau De La Vergnee. Excellent wine, and an outstanding price, and Bordeaux only gets better with age (not to mention the fact that 2000 was the best year for Bordeaux since 1969).
Sunday, my daughter and I went to see my mom as we always do, then to mom-in-law's house to put the cover on the Vette, then went to a store to get me some new sneakers, and she got a few things for herself, then to Linnen's N Things for her to get a few things for her new Condo.

After unloading at home and a quick lunch, we went to Home Depot to get more paint, some mini-blinds, insulation for her wall A/C, and other odds and ends. Seems I was on the go all weekend!

What'd everyone else do?

On to the news:

Boston University professor allows students to drink beer in class. What could possibly go wrong?

Man in car accident attempts self-defense with pocketknife, loses pinkie, gets rushed to hospital but emergency room loses his pinkie. Still gets hospital bill for $3000

Ok, coolness scale of 1-10, this is a 1000! Someone thought it would be a good idea to model their home theatre after the Enterprise NCC-1701D. Still can't bring a woman over to see it

And my headline of the day:
Dairy gets busted by food inspectors for not saying there is egg in their egg nog despite the label reading "egg nog"

Have a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Now wait a second. You just planning to switch everything to this one now? I'm confused. But, I'll repeat my comment because I already copied it into my clipboard.

Let's see. We had a high of 80 today.

I recall a white Thanksgiving (wasn't here in Texas, that's for sure), and it was one of the best times we had at a family gathering -- ever. We built a snow fort. Man, what a great time. I regret for my son that he may never see snow like that until he's much older.

You pack so much content into you blog, what with all the links and your own life, that I can't read it in the daytime anymore. My current job keeps me busier (which is good because the days go faster).

November 19, 2007 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home