Monday, April 27, 2009

214 - The Perfect Weekend

I took Friday off, and it was gorgeous out. It was about 65 degrees and I went to do some errands with my brother, including stopping at Stew Leonards to pick up a Filet Mignon strip that was on sale for $6.99/lb, stripped and cut. This means, they take it out of the plastic wrap, slice off all gristle and most of the marbled fat, and re-wrap it for you. We both got one, and that night, we had some at home and they just melted in our mouths.  Now, Stew Leonards (SL) is one of those stores that, if you've never been in one, is impossible to go in and just buy one thing. It's a store where there's no straight aisles, but it winds you around kinda like IKEA, and every so often you run into people with something from SL that's either just made or being cooked. Not 50 feet in the door, a lady was handing out samples of some of SL's soups. I tried the New England Clam Chowder, and I just had to have some, so I bought a good sized container of it. They also make their own potato chips, and sweet potato chips (had to have some of them), and... well, you know what I mean.

After bringing the meat (and other stuff) home, we went out to lunch. It was a perfect day, so we took the Vette out for a short ride too.

Saturday, it was supposed to be around 80-85, but it really got up to 92 degrees out!  Now, 2 days before it never got above 55. I took the Vette out for a short ride in the afternoon, but we went out to dinner with some friends in the evening and had a wonderful time.

And now, a funny for you all:

A little boy and his grandfather are raking leaves in the yard. The little boy finds an earthworm trying to get back into its hole. He says, "Grandpa, I bet I can put that worm back in that hole." The grandfather replies, "I'll bet you five dollars you can't. It's too wiggly and limp to put back in that little hole." The little boy runs into the house and comes back out with a can of hair spray. He sprays the worm until it is straight and stiff as a board. Then he puts the worm back into the hole. The grandfather hands the little boy five dollars, grabs the hair spray, and runs into the house. Thirty minutes later the grandfather comes back out and hands the little boy another five dollars. The little boy says, "Grandpa, you already gave me five dollars." The grandfather replies, "I know. That's from your grandma."

Have a great Monday all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

That does sound like a great weekend. Oh, that filet mignon sounds delicious. I've never grilled on myself, but $6.99/lb. sounds much better than what I would pay for one at a restaurant. I have steak maybe once a year, on the company dime on a trip.

April 27, 2009 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Good buy on the steak Dave, I have a couple of reproduction dot paintings, the originals can be very expensive.

April 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark, for roughly $44 I got 16 steaks which equates to $2.75 per steak. You can't beat that with a stick!

Peter, do you have pictures of the ones you own? They're gorgeous!

April 27, 2009 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Eep! Scandalous :)

It did sound like a lovely weekend...yum!

April 29, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home