Friday, April 10, 2009

207 - Long Weekend Again

Happy Easter to all people out there that celebrate it!

Well, it's been a busy week, and I'm ready for some R&R.

I looked at the news today, and I'm shocked at what I see on CNN.com:

  • Obama wants to cut immigrants' incentives
  • Angels rookie pitcher dies in car crash
  • KOCO: Wildfires force evacuations across state
  • FBI assisting in negotiations with pirates
  • 'Simpsons' to appear on postage stamps
  • Fawcett's battle brings attention to rare cancer
  • Grads scalping Obama commencement tickets
  • Obama to seek $83 billion more for wars
  • Ticker: White House attacked by swarm of bees
  • Levi Johnston says Sarah Palin lying
  • Fed up residents repair road in 8 days -- for free
  • Pastor to hold services at local bar 
  • WFOR: 12-year-old enrolls in college
  • Conficker computer worm wakes up
  • Billy Bob interview hits sour note
  • iReport.com: Only rubble left at GM plant

  • What ever happened to good news? Is there any? The Simpsons appearing on stamps is news? THE SIMPSONS ARE ON STAMPS????? Good grief.
    Sarah Palin caught in a lie? Say it ain't so!

    Other than having the whole family over on Sunday for Easter, it should be a nice, relaxing weekend.

    I bought myself a new monitor on Newegg.com today. A 24" widescreen, with great reviews at a GREAT price! I hope it gets here tomorrow. I can hope!

    Well, let me leave you with a joke from my friend Mike H:

    The French President is sitting in his office when his telephone rings. 'Hallo, Mr. Sarkozy!' a heavily accented voice said. 'This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare , Ireland. I am ringing to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you! We voted to reject the Lisbon treaty!'
    'Well, Paddy,' Sarkozy replied, 'This is indeed important news! How big is your army?'
    'Right now,' says Paddy, after a moment's calculation, 'there is myself, me Cousin Sean, me next door neighbor Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eleven!'
    Sarkozy paused. 'I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command.'
    'Begoora!' says Paddy. 'I'll have to ring you back.' Sure enough, the next day, Paddy calls again. 'Mr. Sarkozy, the war is still on. We have managed to get us some infantry equipment!'
    'And what equipment would that be Paddy?' Sarkozy asks.
    'Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy's farm tractor.'
    Sarkozy sighs amused. 'I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to 150,000 since we last spoke.'
    'Saints preserve us!' says Paddy. 'I'll have to get back to you.’

    Sure enough, Paddy rings again the next day. 'Mr. Sarkozy, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin's ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!'
    Sarkozy was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. 'I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes. My military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000!'
    'Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!' says Paddy, 'I will have to ring you back..'
    Sure enough, Paddy calls again the next day. 'Top o' the mornin', Mr. Sarkozy! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war.'
    'Really? I am sorry to hear that,' says Sarkozy. 'Why the sudden change of heart?'
    'Well,' says Paddy, 'we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness and packets of crisps, and we decided there is no fookin' way we can feed 200,000 prisoners."

    Have a great weekend all!

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Mark said...

    I hate to add to the bad news, but I heard on NPR this morning that three people in my home state of Arkansas were killed in a tornado last night.

    Heck of an Easter weekend for their friends and families.

    April 10, 2009 at 8:29 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YA know that's why I don't look at all that negative stuff. Once a day on the 6 o clock news is all I can stand.. was hoping that conficker was gone for good.. DArn!

    Say do you keep all the old computer stuff when you buy new or what?? BEES in the White House now that is something to BUZZ about.. hehehe
    Have a great EASTER :)

    April 10, 2009 at 12:10 PM  
    Anonymous curt said...

    The good news is it's Easter and what it truly means. A real source of peace in a world of bad news.

    April 10, 2009 at 1:01 PM  
    Blogger Dave said...

    Curt, you are 100% right my old and dear friend. Happy Easter to you, and thanks for reminding me of that.

    April 10, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home