215 - Weird Weather
Well, we've gone from 50's to 90's and Wednesday we're going to the 60's again. Tuesday, it was 94. Welcome to New England.
With all this swine flu going on, the cruise we're going on has a stop in Cozumel Mexico, and many of the cruise lines are ceasing their stops in Mexico (even though the flu is all near Mexico City, nowhere near cruise ports).
Other than that, there's not too much new. My daughter who had purchased a new Dell notebook, only to have problems with it immediately, (they replaced the motherboard twice), got a new one yesterday and I'm putting it through it's paces trying to make it fail again. So far so good.
Now, for a funny:
It was late and Charlie was about to climb into bed when his wife informed him that there was a light on in their garden shed. Charlie started to go outside to turn off the light but noticed some people in the shed who were busy stealing his things.
He ran back inside right away and called the cops, who asked him "Are there any intruders in your house?" to which Charlie replied no and explained his circumstances. The cops told Charlie that all patrol cars were otherwise occupied, and that he should just lock his door and a uniformed cop would be at his house when one was free.
Charlie answered, "Alright," hung up, waited 30 seconds, and then called the cops again.
"Hello, I just called a short while ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. I want to let you know that they're not a problem anymore because I've just shot every one of them."
Charlie then hung up the phone. In five short minutes, three patrol cars, a SWAT team, and an ambulance arrived, and Of course, the cops caught the burglars in the act.
One of the cops snapped at Charlie: "I thought you said that you shot every one of them!"
"I thought you said there were no patrol cars free!" Charlie answered.
Have a wonderful Hump-Day!

2 Comments:
I hope that the swine flu doesn't spread, for more than one reason. Looks like your cruise might have to be put on hold, huh?
Glad it looks like your daughter has the right laptop now. I remember the last time I bought a PC (vs. building it). It was a Micron, and it came with Windows Me. A tech came and swapped out the motherboard on site and left. It then gave me the same blue-screen of death as it had before, so I wiped Me off the HDD and installed Windows NT. Never had another problem with that computer, just like the first Micron I had.
Mark, we'll do the cruise no matter where it goes. It's just sad as Cozumel is the best port of the bunch and the flu is nowhere near there. It's like you worrying about the flu because it's in Chicago and you're in Texas.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home