362 – HH&H
Hazy Hot & Humid. Three words you do NOT want to string together in the summertime. Unfortunately, today is going to be one of those days. The temp’s going to be in the mid 90’s, and with the humidity, it’ll feel well over 100. Welcome to Summer.
This was a very busy weekend, as we went out to dinner with friends on Friday night, Saturday went shopping with my daughter then had to work at our car club’s cruise night, then Sunday, our club helped run an auto show for a convalescent home in town (this was our 6th time doing it for them) and my car won a trophy! *S* It was a “People’s Choice” thing, where everyone who brought a car, voted for their top cars, then the top 25 cars got trophies.
So, I barely got a chance to relax this weekend, but next weekend is a long one so I can relax for sure! Actually, we get Monday AND Tuesday off next week! We also have a picnic next weekend for our wine club that should be a lot of fun.
Now here’s a funny, about customer service:
(I am a student worker at my university’s IT help desk. Professors’ passwords are set to expire every 90 days. A professor having connection problems informs me he hasn’t changed his password in months.)
Me: “Oh, okay! I think that’s the issue here. Your password has probably expired and…”
Professor: “Expired?!”
Me: “Yes, they’re set to expire every 90 days for security.”
Professor: “90 days! Why don’t you tell us these things?”
Me:”I’m so sorry, usually we email professors at the beginning of term.”
Professor: “Well, you didn’t tell me! I didn’t get any emails from you people!”
Me: “I’m very sorry. Let me reset your password for you now so that you can connect.”
(I reset his password and write it down for him.)”
Professor: “What the h*** is this?”
Me: “That’s the pound sign.”
Professor: “I know what it is! Why is it in my password?”
Me: “It’s a regulation from our administration. Your password has to have letters, numbers and special characters.”
Professor: “And when were you planning on telling us this?”
Me: “There should have been an email last week.”
Professor: “There was no email! Seriously, do you do anything? Where’s your boss? I need to speak with him.”
Me: “He’s out right now.”
Professor: “You need to let me know the moment he gets back.”
Me: “Of course. How should we notify you? We can send you an email?”
Professor: “Don’t email me. God! I never read those. Call my office phone.”
Have a wonderful Monday!

1 Comments:
Hi Dave ~~ Good post and can they really change things without notice?
Though the professor did say he didn't read e mails. Why be on the net? It sound hot and humid over there. Here it's frosty and cold.
You sure had a busy weekend.
I had a nice surprise, my son Geoff from Melbourne rang Thursday night to say he and Joanne were coming Friday and staying a night. So that was good and as usual he did some jobs for me. Glad you
enjoyed the post and the bra joke.
Happy Independence Day Dave and have a great 4 day weekend.
Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home