355 – Friday at Last
Wow this has been a long week!
Yesterday, I took a half day off of work to go to my mom’s so they could install one of those one touch buttons she wears around her neck in case she falls. The set up of it was amazingly easy, and it works all around her home. My brother and I feel a lot better now that she has it.. and she can even wear the button in the shower (it’s waterproof, and just in case she falls in there!).
The guy who installed it was incredibly nice, and we even did a test call with it (it goes to the local VNA office), and the person at the other end was real nice. They now have a list of numbers to call in case she pushes the button.
Tomorrow, we’re going to a picnic at a friends house which should be fun, then Sunday, if the weather holds out, there’s a small car show in town.
I really haven’t had the Vette out that much this year yet.. but I’m hoping that changes soon.
Hey Mark, did you ever find out why I can’t post on your comments?
Did you ever miss the end of a movie or TV show, and wonder how it ended?
Try Moviepooper! *LOL* Honestly, it’s pretty cool!
On to something funny:
Think about this:
1. Cows
2.. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments
--------------------------------------------------------
COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington ?
And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow..
--------------------------------------------------------
THE CONSTITUTION
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq .... Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.
--------------------------------------------------------
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse or Congress is this -- you cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal' 'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians ...... it creates a hostile work environment.
Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:
I haven't figured out the comments problem. Moksha can't comment, either. Simon and at least a couple other folks can just fine (I say that not because I know of others who are being blocked, but because I don't get many commentors!). Weird.
HOwdee DAve.. Sorry it has been such a spell since I last visited ya here.. Life is kinda hectic and facebook and doing my blog is about all I have time for. Yeah.. I make a comment over to FB now and then though.. Hope your weekend is good! TAke care.. : )
Hi Dave ~~ I am so glad that your mother has the safety button, as they make one feel so much better.
I have had one for many years and only ever had to call for help once.
The jokes were good and glad you enjoyed mine. I think John will be Okay, but I thank you for your prayers. He sees doctor again tomorrow. Take care my friend,
Very Best wishes, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home