421 – More on the Cruise..
First of all, Mike, where are you going??? I love Iguana Joe’s for the great Coconut Shrimp and Balashi beers! Nah, Carlos and Charlies doesn’t do anything for me.. been there a few times before.
In Cartagena, Columbia.. we did a city tour which included the Fort of San Felipe, which was built between 1639 and 1659.
It’s quite large, and protected an inland waterway from all who would attack this Spanish port.
The tour was a long, hard walk to begin that ended up taking us in tunnels down under the fort.
It was an interesting place to visit, then we went downtown in the old section of Cartagena for a walking tour.
One of my favorite pictures, is at left.
It is the Church of San Pedro Claver, a priest who tended to the slaves brought into Cartegena in the 17th century. He was later canonized in 1888, and his body rests beneath the altar in the church (visible through glass windows).
After finishing the walking tour, we got to see some Columbian folk dancers, and had time to buy some wonderful Columbian Coffee before heading back to the ship.
More later…. have a wonderful Monday all!

2 Comments:
Cool excursion (isn't that what they call them on cruise?). Does something like that cost extra, or is it included in the cruise price? I remember Shannon told me that most of the things she and her mom did on their relatively cheap cruise involved extra costs.
Hi Dave ~~ Nice to see you safely home and I have caught up with your posts. Great photos and I like the one of the Church. Beautiful.
Glad you enjoyed my post and the Man jokes - I figured all the men would like them. Take care, my friend,
Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home