Friday, January 28, 2011

439 – Yes, More on the Weather….

Well, it’s official. After the 12 inches of snow we got on Wednesday night, this is the snowiest January in recorded history for our state. We’ve now had 47.8 inches of snow in 28 days. Oh, and we’re due for more next week! Here's a photo gallery from our local newspaper of all the snow we have. The latest problem now is from roofs caving in from the weight of the snow!

Believe it or not, I don’t have any vacations planned! (yes, hold your gasps) BUT…. I am always looking. I find good deals on, say a cruise, but then find the airfare is outrageous. I’m looking for something for around our anniversary in April, and so far, no luck.

Can we all believe, that it’s been 25 years today that the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded?

On to something funny:

Top Ten Things You Wouldn't Know Without Movies

  1. It is always possible to park directly outside any building you are visiting.
  2. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.
  3. If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you bump into will know all the steps.
  4. Most laptop computers are powerful enough to override the communication systems of any invading alien civilization.
  5. It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts - your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.
  6. No one involved in a car chase, hijacking, explosion, volcanic eruption or alien invasion will ever go into shock.
  7. When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.
  8. You can always find a chainsaw when you need one.
  9. Any lock can be picked by a credit card or a paper clip in seconds, unless it's the door to a burning building with a child trapped inside.
  10. Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you personally at that precise moment you turn the television on.

Have a great weekend all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Love the Top Ten Things.

Man, I feel a little bad about posting our forecast. Can't believe all the snow you guys are getting. Stay warm, and watch out for cave-ins. Seriously, you have to think about what kind of building you're willing to visit.

January 28, 2011 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I enjoyed the top 10 jokes you posted. The snow is a different story - take great care. We, on the other hand are having a heat wave - -39C today about 102 F
40C tomorrow and 42 on Tuesday and
that is about 105.8 F. So I am indoors our of the heat.
You are right, I have a fabulous family and 3 of my 4 kids are adopted and they are all so good to me - visiting and taking me places.
I am indeed very blessed and they are all very dear to me.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle

January 30, 2011 at 5:17 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi Dave, I see my sister beat me to the comment section again, what with her heatwave, your snow and our floods and cyclones the world seems to be in a mess.

February 2, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home