Monday, April 11, 2011

464 – A New Week

Well, the nursing home is moving my mom to a more permanent room today. We had to buy her a new TV, and at their recommendation, a cell phone. Now, I have to write up some instructions on how to use the cell phone. That’s not a lot of fun, as I remember how we had to actually tape over buttons on her TV at home to keep her from pushing things, and I can just imagine her pushing the Web button on the phone *groan*.

Friday night, I went out for a nice dinner of Thai food with a good friend of mine and we had a wonderful time.

Saturday, I took the Vette out for a short little ride, but it was great to get it out and on the road again. Hopefully, I’ll be bringing it home in the next 2-3 weeks.

Sunday, my brother and I went to visit mom, bring her the new TV and show her the new phone. I’m wondering how many calls I’ll get on that! *chuckling*

Sunday noon, my daughter and her boyfriend took my wife and I out to dinner at “The Cheesecake Factory”, our first time there and we loved it!!

Nothing more to report right now, so on to something funny:

A policeman pulled over a car, walked up to the driver's window, and asked the man if he knew why he was pulled over. "No," the man replied. "You failed to stop at the stop sign," the cop explained. "But I did slow down!" the guy argued. The cop shook his head. "You are required to stop. That's why they're called stop signs." The man started to get belligerent. "Stop, slow down -- what's the difference?" The cop pulled out his baton. "I can show you. I'm going to start hitting you with my baton. You tell me if you want me to stop or slow down."

And because this one sounds like it’s from down under…

So I went to the store the other day, I was only in there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a copper writing a parking ticket. So I went up to him and said, 'Come on mate, how about giving a bloke a break?' He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. So I called him a pencil-necked Nazi. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having bald tires!! So I called him a horse f*cker. He finished the second ticket and put it on the car with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket!! This went on for about 20 minutes, the more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. I didn't give a shit, my car was parked around the corner...

Have a wonderful Monday all…!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home