Monday, April 4, 2011

461 – One Dog Out

Well, the UCONN Women’s Huskies lost to Notre Dame last night. What a heart-breaking ending to a fantastic season and college career for Maya Moore, the best female basketball player in the US.

Monday night, we get to see if the UCONN Men can bring home the National Championship when they play Butler.

I can’t believe no comments on my “E-Trade Babies” commercial from Friday.

Things with mom aren’t getting any better. She’s fallen twice now in the past week or so.

We’re starting to look for a new car for my wife, which is always interesting. I’ll leave it at that.. *chuckle*

32 more days till the cruise!

Oh, and did I mention we booked another vacation with my brother and sister in law to Riviera Maya for July? Same place my brother and I went last year. Very relaxing place with gorgeous beaches, incredible pool and great food. We got an outstanding deal on it.

Well, on to something funny:

Jacob, age 92, and Rebecca, age 89, are all excited about their decision to get married. They go for a stroll to discuss the wedding and on the way they pass a drugstore. Jacob suggests they go in. Jacob addresses the man behind the counter:
'Are you the owner?' The pharmacist answers yes.
Says Jacob: 'We're about to get married. Do you sell heart medication?'
Pharmacist: 'Of course we do.'
Jacob: 'How about medicine for circulation?'
Pharmacist: 'All kinds.'
Jacob: 'Medicine for rheumatism, scoliosis? '
Pharmacist: 'Definitely.'
Jacob: 'How about Viagra?'
Pharmacist: 'Of course.'
Jacob: 'Medicine for memory problems, arthritis, jaundice?'
Pharmacist: 'Yes, a large variety. The works.'
Jacob: 'What about vitamins, sleeping pills, Geritol, antidotes for Parkinson's disease?'
Pharmacist: 'Absolutely.'
Jacob: 'You sell wheelchairs and walkers?'
Pharmacist: 'All speeds and sizes.'
Jacob says to the pharmacist: 'We'd like to register here for our wedding gifts, please.'

Have a great Monday all…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Sorry about the UCONN women. I'm going to be pulling for the Huskies in the men's final, even though they beat our only SEC team left.

April 4, 2011 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hello Dave ~~ I am glad you like the look of my family. They are pretty
special to me.
Thank you for the best of luck annd prayers for the stone removal. I will be so glad when it is over.
I am glad you read all of God's Grace and loved it.
I am so sorry your mother has had so many falls. They shake us up when we are old. Take care, Regards, Merle.

April 6, 2011 at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home