546 – Mother Natures Surprises
Well, we’ve had record setting days in the last week, but yesterday was the biggest with the temperatures hitting 83 degrees, completely shattering the previous record of 75.
I took the Corvette out for a nice ride yesterday after work and it felt great to be back in her again! I always have such a smile on my face when driving my baby.
If you remember in my last post, I mentioned how my daughters school was in the news for their “Hunger Games”, well they’ve made many more news outlets now! They’ve also made it into a national math teachers magazine!
Here’s a sample of one of the questions the students had to answer in “The Hunger Games”:
Katniss’ name is entered into the reaping ball once for every year she has been eligible for the Hunger Games as well as once for every time she has taken tessarae (and all entries are cumulative). At 16 years old, Katniss has 20 entries in the reaping ball. How many entries did Katniss have in the year that she was 14 years old?
(Katniss Everdeen is the main character in The Hunger Games)
I’m very proud of what they’ve done…!
On to something funny:
I Know This Laywer
A small town prosecuting attorney called his first witness to the stand in a trial-a grandmotherly, elderly woman. He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"
She responded, "Yes, I do know you Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a young boy. And frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs.
You think you're a rising big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."
The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Williams, do you know the defense attorney?"
She again replied, "Why, yes I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a youngster, too. I used to baby-sit him for his parents. And he, too, has been a real disappointment to me. He's lazy, bigoted, he has a drinking problem. The man can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the shoddiest in the entire state. Yes, I know him."
At this point, the judge rapped the courtroom to silence and called both counselors to the bench. In a very quiet voice, he said with menace, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, you'll be in jail within 3 minutes!"
Have a nice weekend all!

6 Comments:
That's cool. I have read the whole trilogy. The third book was a bit of a letdown after the great first two.
Hi Dave ~~ I can read your blog easily now, thanks.
I am so glad you had some nice warm weather and were able to take a ride in your baby. I am glad your daughter's school is doing so well. Loved the joke.
Thanks for your comment and
I am so glad you enjoyed the jokes, including the Darwins--they were funny.
I am doing well again after the fall. Take care,
Cheers, Merle.
Hi Dave, I see you are caught up in the weird weather web too. at least yours makes global warming sound true.
Whew, you would not believe how warm it has been in Central Florida! We got over Bike Week here in Daytona Beach just in time for the teenagers to come down for Spring Break. You'd love to see the bikinis on the beach, my friend!
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}
michelle {'lil o}
Hi agai Dave ~~ Thank your for your comments and I am so glad you enjoyed the jokes. I don;t know how I got so lucky to get such good jokes.It is great to be feeling good again, and I hope you are the same. Cheers, Merle.
Hi agai Dave ~~ Thank your for your comments and I am so glad you enjoyed the jokes. I don;t know how I got so lucky to get such good jokes.It is great to be feeling good again, and I hope you are the same. Cheers, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home