Happy Thanksgiving!
This year, I have (as I have had for a long time) plenty to be thankful for.
My wonderful family, my friends, and all aspects of my life that seem to be going quite well lately.
We're having 8 people here for Thanksgiving, my family (wife, son and daughter), brother and sister in law, and mom and mother in law. We have a 21 pound turkey to make sure everyone has leftovers!
This year, I'm making my best approximation of my grandmother's meat stuffing (not in the bird, made separately). I made it a few years ago and it went over real well, but for some reason didn't make it the last 2 or so. (I'll let you know how it came out!)
I'm not sure I mentioned it before, but I'm using a new tool, called Microsoft Live Writer to write this blog. It's a free tool from Microsoft and it's very powerful.
I'm going to try something I haven't done yet, and that's embed a YouTube video. Lets see if it works.
The video is of Metallica singing "Nothing Else Matters" (one of my favorite songs) unplugged. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Either way, have a Wonderful Holiday, and there will be no blog again until next Monday.
Dave

3 Comments:
That is a great song. I can't view YouTube at work, but that's probably a good thing most of the time!
We don't stop often enough to appreciate the positive things in our lives.
Okay, so now you've mentioned this Live Writer enough that I might actually have to give it a try. Currently I type up my posts in NoteTab Light and save them (it has enough HTML tags built-in that it works well for this), then I copy and paste into WordPress when I'm finished. I suppose Live Writer eliminates some of this. Maybe I'll have a chance to try it during my trip next week, where I'll undoubtedly have evening downtime while I'm in the middle of nowhere, Alabama.
Success! Excellent choice for a video - I love Metallica and that song.
I'm thankful for you, my friend. Thanks for making my day with your comments and for your friendship.
Lots of love & hugs. I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.
It woiked, now you've got me thinking.
Sounds like a nice time ahead for you bud, enjoy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home