Friday, January 18, 2008

Caution! Long Weekend Ahead!

Luckily, I get a 3 day weekend this weekend. I kinda need it as I've been pretty stressed out lately.

We're still looking at vacations for May, but now it's beginning to look like we may go by ourselves, and probably to Disney World. All the vacations we've been looking at are pretty expensive, and we really want to do one when we can with our friends from down South, but they're not going to be available till probably September or November.

We've always loved Disney World.. it's a place where we can relax, walk at our own pace, have some fun, and see some wonderful sights. It always helps to see my wife act like a little kid when she sees Mickey, or Minnie, or Tigger walking around (don't even mention Chip or Dale!)

Personally, I love (and always have) Pirates of the Caribbean, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, The Haunted Mansion.. and that's just in the Magic Kingdom! Don't even mention the Muppet 3D Theater in MGM. In Epcot, I love EVERYTHING! *LOL*

Hopefully, we'll book it soon if we can't make something happen with our friends from Alabama.

That's it for now... on to the news:

Exactly 30 years ago, the greatest moment in the history of televised entertainment was broadcast (If you can watch this whole video, you are amazing!)

Richard Knerr, 82, co-founder of Wham-O, has died. He invented the Hula Hoop, Frisbee, Super Ball, Slip and Slide,Silly string.. and more.

That's it for today.... have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger bubbanem said...

Yea, come on down south where it's warm -- NOT! I viewed your temperature thingy at 8:05 this morning (33degF). It's a balmy 19 this morning in Kaintuck.

January 18, 2008 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yo, Bubbanem.... that's whatcha get fer livin in Kaintuck ya rednek! *LOL*

I tole ya to stay in Tenneseeee..!

January 18, 2008 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I would love to see Disneyworld as an adult. When I last went, Epcot Center wasn't there yet, not to mention Muppet 3D (didn't know about that until I just now read your post), or lots of other stuff. I do remember Pirates of the Caribbean, however. Also, I liked the Captain Nemo ride (whatever it was called). I remember that was the first and only time my parents bought me an all-day sucker, and the first time I met anyone from another country, which I wrote about here. Shameless plug! Yay!

Have a great weekend, Dave.

January 18, 2008 at 9:36 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark, scrimp and save, and take Ben to Disney when he's that age. Trust me... it'll be something he'll remember for the rest of his life.

January 18, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forty minutes to Daytona Beach, give or take for the traffic.

Need i say more?

Rocket Man...nope, i did not make through the whole thing...i can't wait to see if anyone else does!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

January 18, 2008 at 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now your temperature thingy and my temperature thingy reads exactly the same. So much for it beig warmer in North Carolina.

It sure sounds like you are going to enjoy your trip to Disneyworld no matter when you go!

Reba

January 19, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home