Friday, January 11, 2008

Weather in New England....

If you wait just a little bit, it'll completely change.
We went from negative numbers one day, to two days later it being 64 degrees. No wonder people get sick!

Hiya to Caroldee, visiting here from Trucker Bob's Blog!

For those of you keeping track, no, we haven't booked a vacation yet that we've been looking at. I'm hoping we do book something soon.

With the warm weather, I've been dying to wash my truck, but it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow.. so it'll be useless to do.

Somehow, I don't remember how, I was on Youtube recently and happened upon a video by The Verve. I had never heard of them, until I played this song:
Bittersweet Symphony
Then, I listened to this next song and they just totally surprised me.
Lucky Man
Tell me if you enjoy them as much as I do.

By the way, the Wordless Wednesday photo was taken of me in April of 2005, while on our 25th anniversary cruise. It's only a block away from Carlos and Charlies, where Natalie Holloway disappeared (yes, we visited there too).
I love Aruba (and Curacao), part of the A-B-C Islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao). They're Dutch islands, and as clean as Disney World, with bright pastel colored buildings. When there, you really don't feel like you're on a Caribbean island, but somewhere in Europe.  (I think Trucker Bob needs to go down to the Caribbean and get some sand in his toes... I mean REAL sand, not the kind of stuff they have in Arizona!).

Other than that, not much else to talk about today... so on to the news:

German boss fires staff for not smoking

Man goes to a brothel only to find his wife working there!

Ok.. this is good... Ten scans of creepy ads from old magazines

For Sale: Max Yasgur's VERY famous farm

Tata launches the cheapest car in the world. For $2500, the Nano offers 33bhp, four seats and no aircon. Which will be nice in India

That's it for today... have a wonderful weekend all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Great news today. Thanks!

Although we don't get quite as cold as you do (okay, nowhere close), I can feel your pain on the temperature swings. It's craziness.

I can't believe you hadn't heard The Verve before then. "Bittersweet Symphony" is a great song, but I admit that I haven't (I don't think) heard any other by them. I think there's an AT&T commercial/radio ad that uses a song by them. Sounds like them, anyway. It goes "All around the world, you gotta spread the word," or something.

January 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark,
I had heard Bittersweet Symphony before, just never knew the name or who it was by.
Now.. I'm getting hooked on them!

Gotta get them on my IPod!!!!

January 11, 2008 at 10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the news portion, i read about the car...but, when i got to:

'plastics and adhesives on the ´People´s car´ in place of welding to cut costs.'

for some reason, i cringed and stopped reading...*grin*

i hope that never makes it to Florida!!!!

Have a good weekend, Dave!

Yours,

'lil o (michelle)

January 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Trucker Bob said...

The Nano seems appropriately named with just 33 ponies. Hell, that would barely fire up the 'Vette.

January 12, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OKAY get out the gloves and shovel DAve I hear the snow is coming bigtime.. HOW ABOUT THOSE PATRIOTS?? WOWIE They look like they will definetly be in the SUPERBOWL AGAIN! : ) THANKS FOR THE MENTION...

January 13, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home