Monday, January 7, 2008

Spring Tease...

Tomorrow, the weather's supposed to get up into the 50's, with Tuesday's weather maybe reaching 60! What a difference a week can make in New England. So they say, If you're unhappy with the weather in New England, just wait a day, it'll change!

Well, I got my  new Digital Camera on Friday, a Canon PowerShot 750. 
I love it, and when I bought it I also purchased a small additional kit that has a screen protector, case, mini tripod and extra battery (all for only $14). Here's an example of one of my first pictures.. it's of my son at our friend Dave's house.

mike 

Click on the picture to 'embiggen'

Hopefully, I'll get a lot better pictures with this camera. I just love how easy it is to use, but I have to get used to the lack of a viewfinder.

I noticed readers (or should I say commenters) are down again. Is it just the beginning of the year?

Well, on to the news:

This should end well: newspaper's "Tech Guy" advises that you can clean up your computer by deleting all .exe files. Guess where?

(this is something that really irritates me)
School administrators, three different sheriff's departments, and child protective services investigate school teacher for patting student on the head!

(and I'm happy about this ruling) Sperm donor wins challenge to court ordered child support payments

That's it for now... have a wonderful Monday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Trucker Bob said...

Love the extras you got with the camera, especially the price.

Enjoyed that 'tech' link. Thanks.

January 7, 2008 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Nice find on the camera. I'm curious what Nikon point and shoot you had, though. All older point and shoot cameras pale in comparison to more modern models, because they are just not as fast from pushing the shutter to actually capturing the picture.

That reporter did some interesting back-pedaling on the "delete all .exe" files, didn't he?

January 7, 2008 at 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delete all .exe files indeed! How DO you find this stuff?

Nice picture you got with the new camera...will we see more Dave "created" pics? Hope so!

As for that teacher patting the kid on the head...soon teachers will be behind protective glass, so no kid can say he was struck nor suffered sexual advances! Sheesh!

Yours,

michelle {'lil o}

January 7, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did not get as cold as you did last week but we did get into the teens with wind chills in the single digits which is cold for us.

Now today was 71 and tomorrow we may hit 74. We too are having weird weather.

Enjoy your new camera,
Reba

January 7, 2008 at 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother-in-law swears by Canon.
I picked up a Fugi in St Thomas last year, but I don't take nearly the amount of pics you do.

January 7, 2008 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Nice to meet you and thanks for dropping by from Peter's blog. Congrats on the new camera
and I guess you will post more pictures with it. These digital
cameras are great fun aren't they?
Take care, Cheers, Merle.

January 10, 2008 at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home