Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ok, So I'm a Day Late....

So it's been a busy weekend.

Friday night, my friend Dave and I went to dinner and a movie, to see Cloverfield.

Curt, I give a -5 on a scale of 1 to 5. I was so disappointed in this movie that looked like it was going to be outstanding, only to be extremely disappointed. There was no beginning, no plot, and the ending just angered me. I wanted my money back.

Sunday, we went to a wine tasting for our group, and had a great time. It's bwoodstoveeen SO cold out, (we're talking single digits) that I've fired up the wood stove for some much needed warmth. (Click on the picture to 'embiggen')

Monday night, I had a couple of friends coming over to watch the UCONN Women's Basketball Game, so I had it fired up and nice and roasty-toasty in the family room.

Monday during the day, I went with my daughter to pick her up a couple of end-tables that she found over the weekend from my brother and sister-in-law.

Other than that, not too much else new.. I think I'll be booking the Disney World vacation in the next day or two. *S*

On to the news:

Recent "Lio" pays a small homage to the final "Calvin and Hobbes" strip

The top ten discontinued sodas

Avoid tickets by claiming wife's in labor. Just make sure you don't get the police escort to the hospital. In a stolen car

That's it for today... have a great week!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had no idea what most of those sodas was, but i was surprised to see that "Slice" was in the list. i liked Slice...i'll miss it! Goes to show you how often i buy sodas though.

Wow...that poor woman who was robbed doing a a good deed! Sheesh!

i am surprised i even checked this today, as i figured you'd be off for MLK day.

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

January 21, 2008 at 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes...change that to: "i had no idea what most of those sodas WERE, but..."

(&$(*&@^%@%^%$# Forgot to proof before hitting send!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

January 21, 2008 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I was off for MLK Jr. Day, so I wasn't tied to a computer all day.

Sorry to hear Cloverfield was so bad. I looked forward to it, but after your review and a few others, I'm not so sure now.

That Lio strip was funny. Thanks.

January 21, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home