72 You Can Tell it's Spring...
By the nest that a robin has made in a bush in front of our bow window in the front of our house!
(Click on the picture to 'embiggen')
The picture was taken through our bay window, so don't mind the reflections please!
The momma bird went to get some food as she'd been sitting there all day, and I got a snapshot of her "children to be".
There you can see the 3 beautiful blue eggs from this momma robin!
I'll try to keep you up to date on how they're doing as they hatch (I hope I can get pictures of the little ones in the nest!)
Let's see, what else is new....
Well, my son, was at work last Wednesday night with my wife's car (he works for a large supermarket chain while in college), and my wife's car was vandalized pretty good. The front passenger fender was pushed in pretty badly, and will need replacement. The police were called, and supposedly there were other vandalism's in the parking lot that night so he asked the manager to see the security videos (the whole parking lot has video cameras in them). For days, they kept saying the security people weren't in. Tonight, he finally got to talk to someone and they said that the tapes are automatically overwritten every 48 hours!!! I'm pretty ticked off. I have to call the supermarket manager tomorrow and see what he'll do, because he should be responsible at some point.
Lastly, I'll leave you with a picture of our tulips that came to bloom on Friday.
Here's a couple of links for you to enjoy today!
How long do you think this toy would last today?
Or maybe this one? (recognise the kid?)
Have a great Monday all!

7 Comments:
So, you had a bird's eye view of the nest? Sorry, had to.
I've always loved the sky blue color of a robin's egg. More often than not, though, I saw it on the ground in its cracked form, after some predator bird had invaded the nest and taken his fill.
I will have to check out the links later -- YouTube is blocked here at work.
The robin's nest and eggs are really cool :-) There are nests in our trees but they're too high to see. Besides, I'm afraid of the mother robins since I was under attack for helping her little baby out of my deep window well. I had a scrape on my head from her LOL
Those commercials were a hoot! Way before my time ;-) (I had to throw that in LOL)
I'm sorry about your wife's car. That makes me so angry that some people don't have any respect for others' property. It's ridiculous that they don't keep the security tapes for longer than 48 hours. Grrr.
Have a wonderful day! *HUGS*
Loved the robin's nest and eggs!
That's so sad about your wife's car and how obnoxious can that manager be? Dang!
OK, i give up, who's the kid in the one commercial, that you asked about?
Nice pictures, thanks!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Hi Dave, Spring has sprung when the robins are nesting.
I enjoyed touring Europe with you.
Mark, bad pun man.. *LOL*
You'll love the links!
Karen, thanks for reminding me how old I am.. *LOL*
michelle, the kid in the video is Billy Mummy, who used to play Will Robinson on Lost in Space! *S*
Peter, I'm glad I had you and everyone else along for the ride.. *S* It was fun for me remembering the things we did through the pictures.
Hi Dave ~~ Great photos of the robin's nest and I hope you can get to see and post when the babies hatch
I am sorry about your wife's car and hope you have insurance.
Glad you enjoyed my post/Take care
Regards, Merle.
It has taken me several nights to catch up but I really enjoyed touring Europe with you.
Even if you can not get any pictures of the baby birds, please keep us posted on the nesting, hatching and the baby birds flying the coop, so to speak.
Reba
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home