Monday, April 7, 2008

63 Incredibly Good News

All last week, I was so incredibly nervous about the problem with my tongue, I wasn't sleeping well, and I'm sure I was quite edgy. I've been so nervous, I couldn't even look at the lesion, for fear it had grown. Thoughts of my dad, who passed away from cancer of the mouth/jaw filled my head.

My brother told me he had a biopsy on his tongue, about 10 years ago. Even though his came out ok, I was still nervous beyond belief.

This past Friday morning, I finally got up the nerve to look. I went to the men's room at work, I had a clean piece of cloth to actually pull out my tongue and push it to my right, looking for the lesion that was very evident when I saw it at my dentist office.

It was gone. Completely and utterly vanished. I got a flashlight and checked again. Nothing. I called the dentist, who wasn't in on Friday, but left a message for him, not knowing what to do.

He called back 2 hours later, in New York with his family knowing I'd want to hear from him, and he told me to just cancel the Oral Surgeon appointment. He told me that some times this just happens. I may have jabbed my tongue with a chip or something and it swelled, or it could have been some kind of canker sore, or even maybe just a mild allergy.

I called the oral surgeon, and the nurse I spoke to said "Oh, that happens"  very matter of fact like. She reiterated what the dentist said, and I canceled my appointment.

So, if anyone at all sent their prayers along for me, THANK YOU!

Friday night, I basically fell apart at home. I was so exhausted, I fell into bed at about 9pm, and slept till 10am.

One problem down, one more to go.......

7 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

That is great news!

I had one of these on my tongue, and it lingered for quite a while, which is unusual because generally the mouth heals more quickly than the rest of the body. I knew I had bitten it while chewing something, so I just told my dentist and he said to gargle warm salt water and give it a few more days.

He was right.

April 7, 2008 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Congrats ~ I am so glad for you that the lesion has gone.
What great news. Now for your shoulder to come good, and you'd be a new man!! Thanks for your comments. I thought that poodle was so darn clever and liked the way he got rid of his enemies. Take care, Dave,
Regards, Merle.

April 7, 2008 at 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your tongue is all better. Must have been pretty scarey. *smiling* I left you a comment, ok?

April 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, i could not be more relieved for you! Glad you managed to look at it...i am sure that that took a huge amount of courage! *smile*

{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

April 7, 2008 at 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
Glad to hear the good news, I would take hearing that news over having the women win the national championship. Thank you for giving me good news this week!!

P.S. I'm booked for the Paradise Jam tournament in St Thomas this November!!

April 7, 2008 at 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad for the good news. I get those "ulcers" from time to time, Hurts like crap, but they go away...

Curt

April 7, 2008 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger bubbanem said...

Oh, boy. You've garnered enough popularity to have your own comment spammer. Congrats!

re: the tongue ... I'm glad you've one less thing to worry about.

April 8, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home