73 No Time to Relax
It seems I'm getting busier and busier once I get out of work. I've been doing a real lot of work for our car club, with our cruise nights starting this Saturday night, and our big Street Festival & Auto Show coming on May 31.
I've been working also on jackets for the club members (embroidered), trophies and plaques for the cruise nights and car shows, and all kinds of other things.
Right now, I'm looking for some clip art of 3 or 4 cars together kind of like our club logo here except that the cars need to be a bit more defined.
Then, the picture has to be digitized for the embroidering machine (at a cost to us), then tested on a jacket to see how it'll look. No problem right! *chuckling*
Other than that, the Momma bird is still sitting on the eggs, awaiting the day when her babies peck through the thin, blue shell to see daylight for the first time.
If anything changes, I'll be sure to post it here.
I don't know if I mentioned it, but this Saturday, my wife, mom and I are heading to Rhode Island to my Godmother's 90th birthday party. It should be nice as I haven't seen her in years (or her sons or daughters). It'll be the first time I've been to the city where my dad was born and raised since I was a kid.
Lastly, I'm going to post something I got in my email:
What is a 'billion'? Now here's a reality check!
The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases.
A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.
While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New Orleans. It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division.
Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu , is presently asking the Congress for $250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number, what does it mean?
A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you each get $516,528.
B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.
C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets $2,066,012. Washington , D.C ., HELLO!!! ... Are all your calculators broken??
That's it for today... have a wonderful Hump-Day!

3 Comments:
Whoa. Sobering billions, Dave.
Good luck with the car club patch. Sounds like a fun project.
cars are nice, but i'm pretty partial to bikes right now! though i have to say there's nothing like a summer evening drive in a convertible :)
i would be terrified to manage a million dollar budget forget one with hundreds of billions of dollars. YIKES! billion might as well be bajillion in my books.
How dismal is our government outlook with those numbers?
Meanwhile, glad to hear about the party for your godmother...*smile*
At first glance, i thought you were personally embroidering the cars on the jackets...*grin* Then i was disappointed to read on down further, that embroidery machines will be accomplishing that work. Ohhhhh, well!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o}
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home