74 Vacation Countdown, 16 Days
Yep, in 16 days I'll be on a cruise in the Caribbean. I've been so busy I haven't even had a chance to think about it. I even bought a new pair of Teva sandals for the trip. I haven't worn sandals since... oh... I was about 17. That's a lot of years ago.. *chuckling*
This weekend, as I had mentioned before, is our first Cruise Night for our car club. Hopefully we'll have good weather.
I'm also going (as I mentioned before) to see my Godmother on Saturday for her 90'th birthday. I can remember spending a week there when I was a kid. I remember they had a cage in their back yard, where they had squirrels for pets! *S*
I also remembered what a close family they had. My Godparents had 4 children, one, a certifiable genius that graduated from MIT for chemical engineering (at least that's what I think it was). He passed away long ago though...
Their daughter was older than the other two boys, and one of them (Bobby) was my age. We hung around and did a lot together. It'll be strange seeing him after about 35+ years.
Have you seen this list of high and low gasoline prices around the world?
Most expensive places to buy gas
Rank Country Price/gal
1. Sierra Leone $18.42
2. Aruba $12.03
3. Bosnia-Herzegovina $10.86
4. Eritrea $9.58
5. Norway $8.73
6. United Kingdom $8.38
7. Netherlands $8.37
8. Monaco $8.31
9. Iceland $8.28
10. Belgium $8.22
111. United States $3.45
Cruisin' Where gasoline is cheapest
Rank Country Price/gal
1. Venezuela 12 cents
2. Iran 40 cents
3. Saudi Arabia 45 cents
4. Libya 50 cents
5. Swaziland 54 cents
6. Qatar 73 cents
7. Bahrain 81 cents
8. Egypt 89 cents
9. Kuwait 90 cents
10. Seychelles 98 cents
45. United States $3.45
While our gas prices still stink, we're not the worst off.
Time to run... I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...!

1 Comments:
Upon reading the "cheap" list of gasoline prices, there is heard the gnashing of teeth!
All these vacations, Dave, and yet you never come see me! *grin*
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home