76 Vacation Countdown.. 11 Days!
I love looking forward to vacations. We have one booked for next February, and I'm looking forward to that too. This one is a cruise, but the February one is an all inclusive vacation in Curacao. There may be one in between with our friends in Alabama, and we'll probably be meeting them in Cozumel, Mexico when our cruise ship docks there.
I forgot to mention on Monday, but last Friday night, my friends Dan, Dave and I went to the movies to see Iron Man. Out of all the "comic book" movies including Superman, Batman, Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk and X-Men, this was (in my opinion) my favorite. I've heard it said already that there's 2 more movies coming, and a total of 5 is possible. Iron Man even has a cameo in the new Incredible Hulk movie coming out.
Curt, in your words, this would be a 4 out of 4 moon-pie movie! *chuckling*
Well, I have a good funny for you tonight, then I'll say goodbye:
George Carlin's Solution to Save Gasoline
Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use.....
The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants!
That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.....
Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the Border....
When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq ...
Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military....
Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.....
After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country.....
He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot.....
This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves.. ....
If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo.....
Problem solved.....
Have a great Hump-Day!

4 Comments:
Well...glad you have all these vacations to keep you going, my dear friend!
Loved the "joke" though there's a hell of a lot of truth in it!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Your cruise sounds wonderful. I have a friend who used to work for an international banking software company. He had fond memories of visits to Curacao.
I can't wait to see Iron Man! But, I will have to do just that, darn it, unless Simon, Moksha, and I manage to see it on our weekend together (which starts Friday morning!).
Oh, and I know some people hate to be pointed to Snopes, but that thing attributed to Carlin wasn't written by him. In fact, it circulated for about 6 months before his name got tacked on.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/carlingas.asp
Mark, I don't mind at all being pointed to snopes.
I just copied it from an email I got and thought it sounded just like him! *chuckling*
Thanks though!
Hi Dave ~~ Good luck with the upcoming holidays - they all sound wonderful. So have a great time.
I enjoyed your visit to your godmother and the jokes in both posts. Thanks for your vivit to my blog and glad you liked the jokes.
Take care, Very best wishes, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home