78 We Have Baby Robins!
The picture you see at right, is of one of the baby robins. I've seen two of the three, not sure if the third is hatched, or if it's just out of my view. The mommy robin comes back and forth bringing them food and keeping them warm.
This all had to happen from Friday night to Saturday morning, as I found the babies Saturday morning early.
Six more days till vacation. Am I ready? No. By now usually I have everything ready to go, but I've been doing so much work on the Auto Club, and the responsibilities that they've given me, I haven't had a chance to even try on my shorts! Oh well, I have this week.
This past Saturday, our auto club finally got in their first cruise night, and despite cool and cloudy weather, we had a pretty good turnout.
At left is one of my wife's favorite Corvettes. A 1959 in Roman Red with the white coves.
It's owned by one of our members' wife, and it's still in great shape. Those year Corvettes, while looking great, rode rough as they had a solid rear axle.
I hope all the mothers out there had a wonderful mothers day. We had my mom over for lunch today, and we made a big batch of spaghetti and meatballs and sausage. Everything was great, and everyone had a good time.
Well, enough for now.. I hope you all have a great Monday!

7 Comments:
Hi Dave ~~ How nice to have the baby robins and to get a photo of one of them. The cars look nice, although I have never worried much about their looks. When I used to drive, it was more important that they were reliable. Thank you so much for the Mother's Day wishes, and I hope your
wife had a lovely day. You are lucky to have your mother and nice that you had her over for a meal. Take care,
Regards, Merle.
Awwww, the baby robins are so cute! Glad that they finally hatched...and you were able to take a picture of them.
Spaghetti, meatballs and sausage...oh, my that sure sounds good!
Happy Monday!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Wow, sweet Corvette!! I love that year's Corvettes.
The baby robin is so cute!
Your weekend sounds great and I'm glad you had a nice dinner with your mom and family.
*HUGS*
Hi again Dave ~~ Thanks for your comments and glad you get a smile from my jokes. Also thank you very much for the story you sent me, which
I will post soon. I have posted a similar one a long time ago. Nice of you to send that and I will give you the credit, as I usually do for things, folks send me. Take care,
Kind regards, Merle.
I am not going to say that the baby Robins are cute! In fact, they are darned ugly! But I am sure that they will grow up to be lovely. I look forward to future pictures of them after you return from your vacation.
Have a good one,
Reba
I agree with "the wifey", that was/is one of my favorite vettes as well
I've never seen baby birds to close besides in a wildlife special or photographs. Very cool experience to see the circle of life (corny phrase though it is) played out so completely right there outside your window.
And, neat Corvette, too. If I may use the word "neat."
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home