Wednesday, July 2, 2008

98 Mid-Year Hump Day

I can't believe it's already July 2nd. Half of the summer is already over. Can you believe it?

Unfortunately, every day lately has been warm, but rain in the afternoons. I feel like I'm in Orlando! *LOL* I haven't had nearly as much time to take nice rides with my Vette as I did last year. (yeah yeah, poor me huh!)

Caroldee, in response to your comment yesterday, yes.. an 18 foot piece of plain old wire, and I was able to talk to people around the world. I oriented it North/South so that I could talk more East and West, but I was still able to talk to Canada, and into the Caribbean and South America.

I hope everyone has a wonderful July 4th Weekend, and please whatever you do, be safe in doing it.

Lastly, here's a good joke I got from my friend Mike H (the one we went to Abbott's with)

MEN ARE JUST HAPPIER PEOPLE (according to men)

NICKNAMES

  • If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and  Sarah.
  • If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Godzilla and Four-eyes.

EATING OUT

  • When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only for $32.50.  None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.
  • When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MONEY

  • A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
  • A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she  doesn't need but it's on sale.

BATHROOMS

  • A man has six items in his bathroom:  toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a  towel .
  • The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337.  A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these  items.

ARGUMENTS

  • A woman has the last word in  any argument.
  • Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

FUTURE

  • A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
  • A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

SUCCESS

  • A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
  • A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

MARRIAGE

  • A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
  • A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.

DRESSING UP

  • A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a  book, and get the mail.
  • A man will dress up for weddings and  funerals.

NATURAL

  • Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
  • Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

 

Have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I enjoyed your joke about men and women and their differences.
Thanks for your kind words on my blog
I am glad you enjoy the jokes. I have been tired lately and struggle to type too many, but will get a new lease of life I hope. Take care, and
enjoy the summer while you have it.
Regards, Merle.

July 2, 2008 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

* A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
* A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.
And thereby hangs the reason for divorce courts.

July 2, 2008 at 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting "joke" to say the least...

It's amazing how few of the "generalities" fit me...i sometimes worry about that! *smile*

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

July 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

michelle, you should be PROUD of that!!! *S*

July 3, 2008 at 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI.. hope your Fourth of July was a great one! We got power back on just in time!! Take care.. :)

July 6, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home