90 A Break.. Weather and Weekend
Yep, Wednesday and Thursday, it's been BEAUTIFUL! Both days it's been 80-85 degrees, bright sunshine, low humidity and a light breeze. Perfect weather. Friday it's supposed to be the same. Hopefully, when I get home from work tomorrow night, I'll take the Vette to a cruise night in Torrington (about 17 miles from my home).
The photos from the Street Festival are online here.
Oh, before I forget, the video Wednesday about the cell phones and popcorn, was a fake. My bad for not looking it up before putting it out there. Sure had me going! *chuckle*
Saturday, I'm supposed to be going to a car show not too far away that's a picnic. For your paid admission, you get hotdog's and hamburg's for free! I can live with that!
By the way, has anyone noticed the Corvette clock at left?? *S*
I didn't mention this, but last Thursday, my daughter called me from work almost in tears, she had an ankle that was killing her. She needed someone to take her to the doctors. "Dad to the rescue"
I took a half day personal time as she was having a hard time even driving, and brought her to her foot doctor (and a good friend of mine where I work). He told her she mildly tore a ligament, but luckily it was a tear with the grain (vertical) and a hard cast/boot should heal it just fine. So, she got fitted with the big black boot that really she was laughing about. Her students the next day were calling her "Ms. Champenstein" because as she walked in the hallway, the kids knew it was her from the "Click-Clump, Click-Clump.."
Then, she figured out, she's in a wedding party in Colorado in 2 weeks. That's going to be fun! *LOL*
Well, enough for now... have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

4 Comments:
I can't see the Corvette clock. Must be blocked here at work for some reason.
Glad you're finally getting a break in the weather. We're hitting 96 to 97 the next couple days, and one of our tasks is to help the in-laws empty out their attic. Here's hoping we get a VERY early start on Saturday morning.
I had to be the first one to make this joke (building on the one your daughter's students made). At the wedding, she'll be the Bridesmaid of Frankenstein.
And, have a nice weekend, Dave!
Hmm Mark, that means the bride is Frankenstein???
i just love the Vette clock! How beautiful. Nice addition to your home away from home!
So sorry to hear about your daughter's foot. Sometimes they take a long time to heal. If they offer her water therapy, it works wonders on such an injury...trust me on that, i've had it! It will heal the problem faster if she receives the therapy.
Have a great weekend, Dave...sounds like you've got the right plan, Baby!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o}
Hi Dave ~~Love your clock - very nice
I hope your daughter's ankle heals
quickly. Thanks for the comments and
the pavlova are lovely. Sort of Meringue, but soft, then topped with
whipped cream and fruit of choice.
I did put a recipe on, but there would be others on the Internet.
Take care my friend. Best wishes,
Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home