94 More HAM Facts
Well, Mark had asked in a comment on Monday if I was looking to get back into HAM radio. Well, while I'd like to, I'm pretty busy with other things, and even if not, it's one hobby that my wife's not terribly happy about. It's a long story, but suffice it to say, a friend of mine in a computer club quite some time ago, who is a HAM, told my wife "oh, we'll get Dave into it"... and it set her off. Not only that, she still holds a grudge about him saying that. *shrug*
Yes Mark, I loved talking to people, hearing their voices and listening to what they do for fun, and what life's like in their country. The only rule is, stay away from Religion and Politics. Kinda common sense.
I remember making a contact with a guy in South Africa, and him telling me he was a sheep farmer with over 10,000 sheep. Explaining what his typical day was like before the sun changed the refractive properties of the atmosphere and we lost each other. Yes, the sun plays a big part in talking to others. In the mornings, I could talk easily to anyone in Europe and Africa, and as mid-day came, South America was as easy as talking to someone in the same room. Later on in the day, California, Japan, China and Australia and it's surrounding areas opened up.
I'll try to find some of my old QSL cards from other places and scan some in for you.
And now a funny for you:
Death Row in Women's Prison
Three women are about to be executed. One's a brunette, one's a redhead, and one's a blonde. The guard brings the brunette forward and the executioner asks if she has any last requests. She says no, and the executioner shouts, "Ready! Aim"
Suddenly the brunette yells, "EARTHQUAKE!!!"
Everyone is startled and throws themselves on the ground while she escapes.
The guard brings the redhead forward and the executioner asks if she has any last requests. She say no, and the executioner shouts, "Ready! Aim"
Suddenly the redhead yells, "TORNADO!!!"
Everyone is startled and looks around for cover while she escapes.
By now the blonde has it all figured out. The guard brings her forward and the executioner asks if she has any last requests. She says no, and the executioner shouts, "Ready! Aim"
And the blonde yells, "FIRE!!!"
Have a great Hump-Day all!

3 Comments:
Hi Dave ~~ The Ham radio sounds interesting and is a great way to talk to folks all over the world.
But then blogging teaches us about other countries too. That's a great joke. Poor old blondes.
Thanks for your kind words about Jane.She was buried today, the kids 6 and 8 years released 3 doves after the service.She got breast cancer 11 tears ago, then had the kids, then bone cancer, and finally brain cancer so that's a hell of a battle starting at age 31.
Glad you enjoy the jokes. Take care, Regards, Merle.
You said it Monday... you are a HAM ;-) LOL
If it's something you like doing, then do it. You know, with you talking with people all over the world on your HAM radio, it's like the early internet. I can understand why you enjoyed talking to others.
I am grateful that you are on the internet because I can't imagine life without you - you're such a special guy.
*HUGS*
Interesting HAM facts, indeed...yes, please tell us more!
Good joke, thanks!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home