197 - Let the Games Begin!
As I write this on the evening of St. Patrick's Day, I think back about how back in 2000, my wife and I took a vacation in Ireland, where we drove the countryside, staying in Bed and Breakfasts, and enjoying all that Ireland had to offer. Yes, I even kissed The Blarney Stone. And it's not easy to do. If you want to see the picture of me kissing the Blarney Stone, let me know, and I'll email a link. *chuckling*
Did everyone have Corned Beef and Cabbage on St. Patty's day? It's one of my very favorite meals to have, and ours was delicious.
Thursday and Friday of this week, I'll be taking half days off of work as I do most years, to watch some NCAA Basketball. I can't wait. It's my time of year. Some people love the Super Bowl, some love the World Series, me, it's the NCAA Tournament.
Other than that, I've got a great joke for you from my friend Mike H:
The Difference in Men's and Women's poetry:
WOMAN'S POEM:
Before I lay me down to sleep, I pray for a man, who's not a creep,
One who's handsome, smart and strong. One who loves to listen long,
One who thinks before he speaks, One who'll call, not wait for weeks.
I pray he's gainfully employed, When I spend his cash, won't be annoyed.
Pulls out my chair and opens my door. Massages my back and begs to do more.
Oh! Send me a man who'll make love to my mind, Knows what to answer to 'how big is my behind?'
I pray that this man will love me to no end, And always be my very best friend.
A MAN'S POEM:
I pray for a deaf-mute gymnast nymphomaniac with
huge boobs who owns a bar on a golf course,
and loves to send me fishing and drinking. This
doesn't rhyme and I don't give a shit.
Have a wonderful Hump-Day!

4 Comments:
I would like to go to Ireland someday. No on the corned beef and cabbage. When I was dating my husband 30+ years ago he took me to a NCAA tournament being played at the Univ. of Dayton. He doesn't watch basketball all that much anymore, more football in this house.
Going to Ireland is a dream of mine... one day! :-)
The poems were a hoot!
Happy Hump Day! *HUGS*
I am jealous of your trip(s?) to Ireland. My family traces our history back to a castle there that's still standing. Can't wait to see it for myself.
Looking forward to the tourney this year. Being off this whole week is fun. I have filled out only one bracket on the ESPN Tournament Challenge, and need to fill out at least a few more before the first tip-off.
Hope all your teams win and the bets are good ones.. I am hoping for some good weather this weekend.. how about you?? Take care : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home