Monday, March 23, 2009

199 - Do My Eyes Look Like Basketballs?

I've watched so much basketball since Thursday noon, I'm overdosing *chuckling*.  The UCONN Men beat Texas A&M 92-66 on Saturday, and the UCONN Women beat Vermont Sunday 104-65. Life is good. Both of my teams are winning easily. They look confident, poised, ready to take the next step, and hopefully at least make it to the Final 4.

My friend Ray has been here just about all weekend, and we've had a great time. I went to start the Vette today, knowing that in a few weeks, I'll be bringing her home.

Back last fall, a friend of mine bought me a box with three Corvettes inside, a fixed-roof coupe, coupe (like mine), and a convertible. They're plastic models (already assembled), but they're the only models/die cast I have ever seen for a 2000-2001 Corvette. The only Die-Cast like mine, is a 2003, and it has a different hood emblem (50'th Anniversary emblem), so needless to say, he knew I was looking pretty hard and I was pretty happy when he found them.

Not long after getting them, I asked a friend who is the vice president of our car club and the owner of a body shop, if there was a way he could paint them the same color of my car (Millennium Yellow) as they were some awful shade of brownish green. He took them, and I hadn't thought about them again until he called me on Saturday morning. He had one done, as he wanted to do one and see how it came out first, and when I picked it up, I was astonished that it was gorgeous! I'll take some pictures for you all, but it's absolutely flawless. Now, he'll do the other two soon.

Saturday, later in the morning, my daughter went to see my mom a day early, as she had fallen going up her stairs into her place and broke 3 fingers. Her hand is all wrapped up, but she's a tough ole bird and won't complain.... much.

Other than that and basketball, that's what my weekend was like. Here's a funny for you all:

In France, the young assistant priests do not live in the main rectory. That is reserved for the priest and his housekeeper. One day the priest invited his new young assistant priest to have dinner at the rectory. While being served, the young priest noticed how shapely and lovely the housekeeper was and down deep in his heart he wondered if there was more between the priest and the housekeeper.

After the meal was over, the middle-aged priest assured the young priest that everything was purely professional...that she was the housekeeper and cook and that was that. About a week later the housekeeper came to the priest and said, "Father, ever since the new assistant came for dinner I have not been able to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose he took it, do you?" The priest said, "Well, I doubt it but I'll write him a letter."

So he sat down and wrote, "Dear Father, I'm not saying you did take the gravy ladle and I'm not saying you did not take the gravy ladle. But the fact remains that it has been missing since you were here for dinner."

The young assistant received the letter and he answered it as follows: "Dear Father priest, I'm not saying that you do sleep with the housekeeper and I'm not saying that you do not sleep with the housekeeper. But I do know for sure that if you slept in your own bed you would find the gravy ladle."

Have a great Monday all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I have picked UCONN to make it to the final game. Should I admit that I picked Pitt to go, too, and to beat UCONN? Sorry, just being practical and looking at this season's record.

I LOVE Qdir, by the way! Thanks for that one!

March 23, 2009 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark, Pitt struggled hard to win their 2 games (Siena almost beat them!) and UCONN blew out their 2 opponents!

I hope you're wrong bud.

Glad you liked QDir!

March 23, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I hope I am wrong, too, because personally I like UCONN better. My bracket, on the other hand. Dang!

March 23, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Our Australian Rules Football starts tomorrow night and I love to watch as many games as I can.Tomorrow my team Carlton play against Jeanette's team Richmond, so unless we draw the game, only one of us will be happy. You have posted some great jokes, since I have been out of action. I am just starting to feel much better after my back problems and the car smash.
I hope all is well with you. Take care, Very Best Wishes

March 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home