Friday, May 1, 2009

216 - Caution! Weekend Ahead!

Well, this weekend is our auto club's first cruise night. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we'll have a lot of cars. I'll try to get some pictures over the weekend.

The last 2 days have been pretty cool, relative to last weekend's weather. 60's to barely 70 this week. Again, hoping for some 70+ action this weekend.

I may go to a computer show this weekend and pick up a new very inexpensive PC for running MS Home Server on. We'll see what happens. Did I mention, I went to a show last week and bought a pair of noise-canceling headphones? I'd been wanting some for airplane rides where the engine noise groans loudly. I'll get to try them out on the next rip coming up.

I'm getting so tired of hearing the two words "swine flu".. it's just driving me nuts. They announce every day there's 5 people in CT down with it, then the next day they say no, it was normal flu, and they find 5 more. I think the news media just loves bad news.

Well, on to something funny for you:

Subject: Taking Dad Shopping
I took my dad to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes (he is 84).
We decided to grab a bite at the food court.  I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him. 
The teenager had spiked hair in all different colours; green, red, orange and blue. 
My dad kept staring at him. 
The teenager would look and find him staring every time. 
When the teenager had enough, he sarcastically asked: “ What’s the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?”
Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response; knowing that he would have a good one.
And in classic style he did not bat an eye in his response:
“Got stoned once and screwed a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son”

Have a great weekend all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Long before the "outbreak," my company had placed hand-washing reminders in the bathrooms. Unlike others that had come before, they specified how to prevent getting or spreading the flu. Then this bug comes along and those signs require no modification at all to seem downright prescient.

I hope you enjoy the computer show, and that you bag that deal on that computer.

Noise-canceling headphones are great! I use them when I mow the lawn, and when I vacuum the carpet. I have used them on plane rides before, too, and you definitely will notice an effect.

May 1, 2009 at 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sick of hearing about SWINE too. We were at the clinic wed cuz joe's been VERY SICK since last friday. Turns out he's got a virus and bacterial infection. Guess who woke up feeling like a mac truck hi me at 1am. UGH. NOT a fun weekedn.

Another cruise.....enjoy......Joanne (I have trouble posting here cuz it always says incorrect password. Pisses me off. ) I have to post anonymous

May 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FLU IS FLU you get it you get it...period.. if you got a shot last year you STILL GOT IT! SO I do hope they don't blow this whole thing out of proportion. I too am getting overload on the update on situations over the country. have a great "RIDE" : )

May 1, 2009 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I think we are all tired of hearing about the swine flu. I heard tonight, we may get it here when winter really sets in. Very conflicting numbers.
I hope you got your computer, and I liked the joke. Thank you for your comments on the last few posts, the Rules of Manhood. I really liked the
Auto Air Conditioner story. I thought most Americans would have heard it. Not sure if it's true.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.

May 5, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home