244 – Tonight, on SPORTSCENTER…..
It’s Dave!
Here I am, sitting at the SPORTSCENTER desk at ESPN on Saturday morning! What an outstanding tour three of us got on Saturday, when my friend Ron took us through personally! I got to sit not only at this desk, but at the Sports Nation desk, the ESPN Baseball Tonight desk, and three others! I got to see some great “behind the scenes” stuff that almost nobody else gets.
(Click on any picture to ‘embiggen’)
The picture at left is of the campus now. The last time I toured ESPN, there was only 1 building. Now, there’s over 13 on the campus, and about 8 more within a few miles. Looking out there, they have 2/3 of a football field (for filming commercials), and the building straight out and left is where the cafeteria is, and it’s GORGEOUS!
The picture at right, is me at the football field. The glass walkway behind me is where the last picture was taken.
We saw production studios, server rooms (for us techies), audio and video editing suites, everything you can imagine.
At left is one of the video production studios. There’s got to be a dozen of these all over.
Lastly, on Friday night we booked a cruise for September! We got an outstanding deal on a 5 night cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, and couldn’t refuse the price. Then we called some friends of ours, and they’re going too!!!!
More later… got to run for now!

6 Comments:
What a cool tour, and seeing you behind the SportsCenter desk is great.
That video screen in the video production room is a wonder to behold. I'm sure their server rooms are impressive, too.
Your bud Ron came through on that one.
Mark, I'll send you some pics of the server room(s) if you're interested. EXTREMELY professionally done, thousands of servers (not as you and I know servers).
Totally AWESOME!!! I'd like to see pics of the server rooms, too!
Nice pictures! I have a friend in CT who's son works at ESPN, that must be the place.
Where are you headed this time?
WOW I embiggen'd and boy you look great behind that desk.. how cool is that!
Glad you got to do that once in a lifetime thing.. : )
Hi Dave ~~ Just caught up with the last few posts of yours, as I haven't been able to open my computer.Just had a black screen. I fluked it tonight, so am trying to answer some comments. Glad you are having such a good time and found a place to go for your 5 day break at Fort Lauderdale.
I remember one of Elvis' movies was made there. Glad you enjoyed my last post and the Anger Management made you LOL. I hope to post tomorrow. I will wish you
a very Happy Birthday for the 18th
just in case my problem returns.
Take care,my friend,Regards,Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home