Friday, July 24, 2009

237 – Friday at last…

Well, it’s been a long week. A very… long… week.

The summer TV shows are on, and there’s a few that the wife and I like. Of course we’re watching the 5 part Torchwood series this week, Burn Notice we like, Ghost Hunters International, The Closer and a few others. Right now, I’ve got enough on my DVR to last us a week!

Other than that, hopefully we get some good weather this weekend. To be honest, we really haven’t had a “summer” yet. I’m kinda worried we won’t get a summer at all.

Mark, btw I was agreeing with you in the comments of my Wednesday blog.

I’m also looking forward to my birthday in a few weeks! *S*

And now, for something funny:

Some funny Tweets from Twitter:

CraigTheRealOne

Guy walks in2 the psychiatrist’s wearing only clear wrap shorts. Shrink says, I can clearly see you're nuts

Grandad said new hearing aid is the best on the market, I asked What kind is it? he replied.. Half past 3 ?!?

Never take a blind date to a silent movie.

Did you know that there is a cake out there that will stop women wanting sex..Its called wedding cake

GitRDoneLarry

Harry potter is kinda creepy. It was ok when he was little but now he's what, 35.. He looks a little like Radar O'reilly from M.A.S.H

That's like when I was a kid I thought that cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch was John Denver

I also thought "Charlie" in Charlies Angels was also the Dad in Happy days.

 

That’s it for today… have a wonderful weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I hope things turn around for you this coming week.

In summer, I'm just too restless to watch much TV. We used to watch a lot before Benjamin was born (starting with reruns in late afternoon), but after that we got in the habit of doing other things (writing, working with photos/videos, etc.). Right now I watch maybe two hours of TV per week. That doesn't include the occasional movie here and there, but that's different from regularly watching a series.

That will pick up a bit when fall season starts. I will watch "Caprica" to see if it's any good, and "Castle" because it had a good first season. "The Office," of course, is on my list, too.

That's funny about Bosley. I used to get the one on "Charlie's Angels" mixed up with the actor on "Happy Days," too.

I also used to wonder whether Cheryl Ladd and Cheryl Tiegs were sisters. Bad thinking, but it goes to show how young I was when I started appreciating beauty (or at least what Society said it was).

July 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Sorry you have had a very...long...week. Quite a few folks have said it doesn't seem like summer this year, others say it has
been hot and humid. It sure is neither of those here. when I woke
today the radio said 3C -- 37F but it got to about 13C -- 55F. Cold.
I will probably die penniless after paying all the gas and electricity
bills. I have your birthday in mind
for 18th. Are you suggesting what
you would like to family and friends. Remember me, I'm penniless
I liked the wedding cake joke.
Thanks for your kind words, as usual. Take care, Regards, Merle.

July 26, 2009 at 4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home