246 – Lobster At Last
This weekend, my friend Dave, my brother and I head to my friend Mike’s house down by the shore where the four of us head to Abbott's Lobster in the Rough. It’s a yearly thing, and the only time really that I get to have Lobster (unless I’m on a cruise ship, but even then it’s Caribbean Lobster, not really the same). This is Maine Lobster.. or even sometimes Connecticut Lobster! Mmmmmmmmm… big ones too. I usually get a 2-3 pounder. This is the place where you eat right out on a dock overlooking Long Island Sound, with beautiful boats slipping past (and even some pulling up for lunch).
The weather for the next 5 days is supposed to be perfect weather with no rain in sight (thank goodness!).
My daughter and sister-in-law have headed for Maine for 4 days for a ‘mini vacation’. Hopefully they have an outstanding time.
Well, got to run, but I’ll leave you with some great amazing facts:
The hood ornament of a Rolls Royce is named “The Spirit of Ecstasy.”
Robert Lincoln, son of President Lincoln, was saved from a nasty railroad accident by Edwin Booth. Edwin was the brother of Abraham Lincoln’s assassin, John Wilkes Booth.
Omar Knedlik of Coffeyville, Kansas, invented the Icee (also called a Slurpee, Slush or Mr. Misty) in the late 1950s. The first flavor he offered was root beer.
Two of America’s greatest national symbols were made overseas: The Liberty Bell was cast in England, and the Statue of Liberty was crafted in France.
Jack Webb, star of radio and television’s ‘Dragnet’, was so closely associated with the part of Joe Friday that when Webb died in 1982 the Los Angeles Police Department officially retired Friday’s badge number, 714.
That’s it for today… have a wonderful weekend!

3 Comments:
What time did you post this? My Google reader says that it came it at 1:17 p.m. CT. Hmm...
Anyway, sadly, I don't eat lobster. Never developed a taste for it. And, yes, I've tried "the best." It's kind of like even the finest grilled portabello mushroom still tastes completely nasty to me, just like all others.
A root beer Icee, on the other hand? Yum! I've driven through Coffeyville, KS a few times, and I never saw a shrine to the Icee. Seems like they should have one.
I meant to correct that: portobella
Yum yum! I am jealous! I haven't had lobster in quite awhile. Enjoy :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home