Wednesday, August 19, 2009

248 – HH&H

Yep, finally Summer is here. Since last Friday, it’s been Hazy, Hot and Humid here, in the mid to high 90’s. Hopefully it’ll cool off at least a little bit before the kids go back to school next week (most of our schools don’t have A/C.

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday… Thank everyone who sent along their wishes, both here and in email! *S*

My son made a cake for my birthday and it came out perfect! My friend Dave came over for some cake last night, and it was a great time. At this point in my life, there’s very little that I “want” for my birthday.. but I did get a couple of things I was looking for.

The rains are supposed to come back tomorrow, through the weekend so it’s been a nice change of pace to have some nice weather for a while.

Well, real busy today already, so I’ll give you a funny:

The Service

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church.

It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.

The seven-year-old had been staring at th e plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex."

"Good morning," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque.

"What is this?" Alex asked.

"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."

Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Little Alex's voice was trembling and barely audible when he asked, "Which service, the 9:45 or the 11:15?"

Have a wonderful Hump-Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

That's so cool that your son baked you a cake. Glad you had a good birthday.

Now, can you cool off the temps up there before I arrive in Boston in a little over a week?

August 20, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home