272 – Windows 7 Has Arrived!
I thought the Windows 7 Launch show in NYC yesterday was fantastic (I saw it online in a video). They brought out Kylie, the little girl in the “I”m a PC” ad that makes a small movie out of the pictures of her fish, then emails it to her family.
She then introduced Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft who then gave her a pink netbook!
Well, I did my own playing around last night of the Windows Live Movie Maker, and Here's a link to what I created in about 15 minutes (guess I'm not as smart as Kylie!)
It really is simple, I just added music and captions to every picture. Let me know what you think! The video may not be up there forever.. so if you wait to see it too long, it may not be there!
BTW, they’re just a bunch of pictures I had resized and threw together.
This will be the first weekend in a long time with nothing specific planned! Rest @ last! There’s one of the last Car Shows of the season on Sunday, and if the weather cooperates, I may go. Other than that, the Vette’s almost ready to be put away for the season *sad sigh*.
And with that, something funny:
Embarrassing Moments
"A lady picked up several items at a discount store. When she finally got up to the checker, she learned that one of her items had no price tag. Imagine her embarrassment when the checker got on the intercom and boomed out for the entire store to hear, ‘PRICE CHECK ON LANE THIRTEEN, TAMPAX, SUPER SIZE." That was bad enough, but somebody at the rear of the store apparently misunderstood the word 'Tampax' for ‘THUMBTACKS.’ In a businesslike tone, a voice boomed back over the intercom: ‘DO YOU WANT THE KIND YOU PUSH IN WITH YOUR THUMB OR THE KIND YOU POUND IN WITH A HAMMER?’
An introvert went to bar and spots a pretty looking woman sitting on the stool. He mustered all his courage for long time, then timidly approached and asked her, "Ma’ am, would be OK if sit here and talk with you?" She was alert, suspecting this man, and responds by yelling, "No, I won't sleep with you tonight!" Customers in the bar started staring at them. The embarrassed guy quickly returns to his table dejected and ashamed. The young woman waits a little and then goes to the guy to apologize. With a smile on her face she says, "I am sorry if I embarrassed you. You see, I am a college student in psychiatry and I am putting together a thesis as to how people react to embarrassing moments." The cunning guy now yells loudly, "What do you mean by $500?"
Have a wonderful weekend all!

2 Comments:
That second joke was great. The other, an old classic.
I haven't used Windows Live Movie Maker, but the video you made looks great! It's a lot like something you could make with Microsoft's own PhotoStory (downloadable for free for quite some time now). I used that to make a music video of still shots (scrolling, panning, zooming, etc.), and then used Windows DVD maker (Windows 7 RC1) to put it on DVD, for my high school 20-year reunion. Everybody loved it.
Mark,
Live Movie Maker is also free!!! I believe it's for XP and above too but I could be wrong.
It's fun to play with though!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home