348 – Another Day in Paradise
Those of you following my vacation blog, Part V is up today.
For the most part, it was a beautiful weekend.
The weather was gorgeous, 80’s and sunshine, though a bit humid. Sunday, it was supposed to rain, but never did for some reason.
It was nice enough that Friday night and Saturday I pretty much had the Vette out and it feels good to be back in my baby! *LOL* Hey, my car is my therapy… I could have the worst day on earth, but when I’m in my Vette, I feel great.
What do YOU have that’s like that? (other than your family)
Update on my mom… the bruise on her cheek looks awful, but she’s ok. My brother and I are looking into the “lifecall” button you wear around your neck. We’ll split the cost and make sure she wears it. I’m not sure what else we can do.
How about the news that Sarah Ferguson was selling access to her ex husband, Prince Andrew! Here I thought she’d be the one to always be the good one. Incredible.
Did I mention, 179 more days till I’m on vacation again on my next cruise? *LOL*
On to something funny (I saw this joke in the paper, and will try to remember it exactly as I read it):
Four fishermen are out on their boat one beautiful Saturday morning.
One of the fishermen says “boy, fishing is starting to become expensive for me. I had to promise my wife I’d take her out to the country club tonight for dinner so I could come fishing!”
The second fisherman says “Oh, that’s nothing, my wife made me promise to take her shopping for a new dress and shoes just to go fishing today!”
The third fisherman, not to be outdone, says “You guys are lucky, I have to buy her a diamond ring she’s been looking at, just to come fishing today!”
The fourth fisherman, quiet as can be.. smiles, and finally the other men ask him “So, how’d you get out today?”
“Well, I rolled over this morning, smacked her on the ass and said to her “What do you think Honey, Sex of Fishing”? and she said “Don’t forget your sunscreen!”
Have a wonderful Monday all!

2 Comments:
What makes me feel better no matter what else is going on? Solitude in the wilderness. I miss that terribly since moving so far away from any opportunity for it. You find a scenic place within reasonable driving distance of a major metro area, and there are a thousand other people who thought of the same thing.
Glad to hear that you and your brother came up with a solution that will make you and your mother feel more secure about her situation.
Fun joke.
Hi Dave ~~ I am so sorry your Mom had a fall as I have had several of them. I wear a pendant around my neck and if I fall, I just have to push the button on it and help will come. Mine works from my letter-box to the back yard as well as in the house. I have only needed to push it once in many years of having it.It is Safety Link in Australia.My son, John
and 2 neighbors are my on call helpers. That last fisherman was on a good thing. I love that barrel joke too about the bricks.
BTW I turned 76 last Monday 24th
and my granddaughter Bec sent the
lovely flowers etc.. Take care, my friend, Very Best Wishes, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home