Wednesday, June 2, 2010

351 – Vaca Countdown Interrupted.. New Count, 50 Days!

Those of you following my vacation blog, Part VII is up today.

Well, next month, my brother’s wife and my daughter are going to San Francisco to see her (my SIL’s) sister for 5 days.

My brother asked me, “Hey, why don’t we go somewhere”, so after getting approval from my wife, I called my travel agent and asked where we could go for 4 days, all-inclusive and inexpensively to have some fun.

She came up with the Barcelo Maya Beach Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. We got a great deal on the place, it’s all inclusive, and we’ll relax and order drinks on the beach as we work on our tans *S*.
So, we’re off on July 23rd and back on the 27th for a short vacation.

How was everyone’s weekend? The weather here was fantastic but I was so busy I barely had my Vette out for a couple of hours on Friday night only. Monday we had a nice cookout with our friends Ray and Debbie, and just relaxed. It was a peaceful end to a busy weekend.

On to something funny:

Bill, Jim, and Scott were at a convention together and were sharing a large suite on the top of a 75 story sky scraper.
After a long day of meetings they were shocked to hear that the elevators in their hotel were broken and they would have to climb 75 flights of stairs to get to their room.  Bill said to Jim and Scott, let's break the monotony of this unpleasant task by concentrating on something interesting.  I'll tell jokes for 25 flights, and Jim can sing songs for 25 flights, and Scott can tell sad stories the rest of the way.  At the 26th floor Bill stopped telling jokes and Jim began to sing.  At the 51st floor Jim stopped singing and Scott began to tell sad stories.  "I will tell my saddest story first," he said.  "I left the room key in the car!"

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

You didn't mention whether you were invited to San Francisco... I would love to go back to that area for five days. But, of course, you're a man of the sea!

June 2, 2010 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Quite honestly, even if he were, he wouldn't go. He doesn't get along with her husband. (nor does anyone that I know)

June 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I didn't think you could wait all those days until you were off again. A nic long weekend planned. Good for you. Love the joke about leaving the keys in the car. LOL. Take care my friend.
Regards, Merle.

June 3, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home