346 – Hump-Day
June is looking like it’s going to be a busy month for me! On the 7th, my friend Dave, my brother, my friend Mike H and I are going to make our yearly trek to Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough, down on Long Island Sound. It’s the one time a year that I have Lobster as my wife doesn’t like seafood at all.
The weekend after that, we’re going to a cookout at another friend’s house. The week after that is Fathers Day.. and so you see how the month is already filling up with things.
On Friday, I’ll have the next installment of my vacation blog. There just aren’t enough hours in the day lately!
Lastly, hey Mark.. have you taken the “Star Wars Quiz” on CNN?
Now, on to something funny:
Young Susie was having trouble with her computer so she called Wes, the computer guy, over to her desk. Wes clicked a couple buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away Susie called after him, "So, what was wrong?" And he replied, "It was an 'ID ten T' error." A puzzled expression ran riot over Susie's face. " 'An ID ten T' error? What's that, in case I need to fix it again?" He gave her a grin. "Haven't you ever seen an 'ID ten T' error before?" Susie replied, "No." "Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."
. . . . . . . . . . I D 1 0 T
A truck driver hauling a tractor-trailer load of computers stops for a beer. As he approaches the bar he sees a big sign on the door saying:
" NERDS NOT ALLOWED -- ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"
He goes in and sits down.
The bartender comes over to him, sniffs, says he smells kind of nerdy, asks him what he does for a living. The truck driver says he drives a truck, and the smell is just from the computers he is hauling. The bartender says OK, truck drivers are not nerds, and serves him a beer.
As he is sipping his beer, a skinny guy walks in with tape around his glasses, a pocket protector with twelve kinds of pens and pencils stashed in his pocket protector, and a belt at least a foot too long.
The bartender, without saying a word, pulls out a shotgun and blows the guy away.
The truck driver asks him why he did that. The bartender said not to worry, the nerds are overpopulating Silicon Valley, and are in season now. You don't even need a license, he said.
So the truck driver finishes his beer, gets back in his truck, and heads back onto the freeway. Suddenly he veers to avoid an accident, and the load shifts. The back door breaks open and computers spill out all over the freeway. He jumps out and sees a crowd already forming, grabbing up the computers. They are all engineers, accountants and programmers wearing the nerdiest clothes he has ever seen. He can't let them steal his whole load. So remembering what happened in the bar, he pulls out his gun and starts blasting away, felling several of them instantly.
A highway patrol officer comes zooming up and jumps out of the car screaming at him to stop. The truck driver said, "What's wrong? I thought nerds were in season."
" Well, sure," said the patrolman, "But you can't bait 'em."
Have a great Hump-Day!

4 Comments:
I had not seen that quiz; I'll check it out.
Great joke about the nerds!
Hi Dave ~~ i read No 3 of your trip to Mexico. Looks great. Good luck with some weight loss, it's not easy. June sure looks busy for you, but it will be enjoyable.
Glad you enjoyed the jokes I posted. I only go to Podiatrist to get my toe nails cut as with my bad back, I cannot do them. And the doctor is just to discuss what the specialists said and advised etc and for some prescriptions. No worries.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle
That last joke is a real groaner Dave!!!!!!!
Sorry Dave, I can't join you on the 7th (it being a Monday and all) is the 5th still on the table?
Damn, I knew there would be something after the credits of Ironman 2....should've hung around a few more minutes..Damn
Guess you'll be having the 1 lb lobster this year, LOL
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home