Wednesday, July 7, 2010

365 – Heat Wave, Day 4

Yesterday, it was 104 here, with the heat index up over 110, and there’s no end in sight yet. The forest people are very worried as the fire index is the highest it’s been in many years. The temps yesterday broke all records for this area, and I can’t imagine how people could work outside in it like construction people, and pavers. Today, it’s supposed to be up around 100 again.

Hopefully we’ll get a bit of rain at some point soon, to cool us down and lower the fire danger.

I figured out this past weekend how to load music files on my new GPS, and play them through the car stereo through it’s FM transmitter built in. It’s pretty cool! When the GPS needs to give you directions, it pauses the music, states it’s mind, then resumes the music. Works great!

On to something funny, for my bud Bubba:

"Bubba & Cooter's Book of Sure-Fire Pick-up Lines"

Did you fart? ...cuz you just blew me away.

Do you have a library card? ...cuz I'd like to sign you out

Is there a mirror in yer pants? ...cuz I can see myself in em.

You might not be the best lookin' girl here, but beauty's only a light switch away.

I know I'm not no Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make yer bed-rock.

Yer eyes are as blue as window cleaner.

If yer gunna regret this in the mornin, we kin sleep til afternoon.

Have a great Hump-Day all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Funny pick-up lines. Eyes as blue as window cleaner. Classic.

Wow, that's some heat you're feeling up there. It isn't that hot (nor dry) in our neck of the woods right now.

That GPS sounds very nice. Turning out to be an all-in-one device.

July 7, 2010 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger bubbanem said...

Sounds as if you guys are having a Southern August kinda summer.

What model GPS did ya get? Mine performed OK with some minor quirks ... that may be the subject of a later posting when I get the issue cleared up with the manufacturer.

July 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home