Wednesday, October 6, 2010

398 - My First Trip to Europe XV

Brussels:

Before going to sleep Sunday night, I did get a picture of the mural over my bed as seen at brussels4 right.

Now come on… that’s just not me *chuckling*. The room, and bathroom were immense too.

Monday morning, Rich and I had a nice breakfast at the hotel before venturing out to check out more of Brussels.

Again, I had to remind myself that I was in a foreign country, and that the buildings were so much older here than in the US. It was around this point, I started realizing just how young our home country is.brussels3

Everything was so opulent, so old, and had so much history to it.. every building seemed to speak to you. My mind went back to World War II, where much of Europe was bombed and so many beautiful buildings were destroyed, and yet some, like this one at left was spared.

Rich and I found and visited The National Botanic Garden of Belgium. While the sights were outstanding, the pictures I have of it don’t do it justice, so I’m not even going to bother posting them.

Later, Rich and I stopped and had a nice lunch in a Brussels restaurant, and then brussels5 afterwards we sat at the bar and contemplated the past 3 days. (that’s me contemplating at right)

After lunch, we packed up our car and headed back to Germany after having an outstanding weekend.

More on Friday… but for now, have a wonderful Hump-Day all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

What an amazing trip! And all on the company dime. That is outstanding.

Glad you went to the trouble to scan in these photos. They add a lot to the presentation.

October 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ You sure saw a lot of the world with your work. And staying in
very flash places. Bet it was nice.
I am glad your Mom is doing better.
You have probably said when you did this terrific trip, but I have forgotten, so when was it Dave?
Take care, Regards, Merle.

October 13, 2010 at 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home