388 - My First Trip to Europe V
First of all, thank you for the warm wishes for my mom. She’s out of the hospital and in a rehabilitation facility now for hopefully no more than 2 weeks.
Lets see.. where’d I leave off? Oh yeah, first day in France, going to dinner with Bernd and Jean-Phillippe and we turn the corner and enter the restaurant. A Chinese restaurant. I’m beyond dazed and confused as I ask both of my companions “My first night in Paris, and you take me to a Chinese Restaurant?”. They both get a laugh out of it and Bernd explains that they thought something quick might be in order seeing as I’ve been up for around 38 hours now. They promise the next day, I’d get the full French Dinner.
I acquiesce, and sit to have a wonderful Chinese meal. Oh, ever seen a Chinese menu in French? *ROTFL* They were right however and after dinner, I feel the hours catch up with me and we head back to the hotel after saying good night to Jean-Philippe. I find two things interesting as I examine my room more. One, no screen in the windows, and two, no sheets and blankets, just one duvet. Setting my alarm, I reconsider my first day in Europe, and chuckle to myself as my head hits the pillow. In moments, I’m in blissful sleep.
The next day, we work from around 8am till noon where we then walk from the office to a place that makes sandwiches I’m told. I’m thinking to myself, fresh meat served on a baguette with some cheese… now THIS is Paris!
And the store we walk into, is a Greek restaurant. Now I’m in a full-on laugh as Bernd and Jean-Phillippe laugh along. I have a Gyro, and a Coke and all is well. We head back to work and I marvel at the houses in the area. I forget for a moment that Paris is so old a city, that the houses and most buildings will be very old. I work away again waiting for our dinner that night… a real Parisian dinner!
That’s all for now.. enjoy your Hump-Day!

3 Comments:
Too funny about the meals. I look forward to more, and to the sights.
When I go on work trips I must specify "locally-owned" when I ask about places to eat. It's amazing how many folks in small towns want to send you to Applebee's because they're so excited it "finally" came to their area.
You've inspired me to write about my eating experiences on future trips. Lord knows that's about all that's worth writing about in some of my destinations. Besides the people.
Hi Dave ~~ I am so glad that your Mom is doing well and hope she recovers rapidly.
I smiled about them taking you for Chinese in Paris, and no sheets or blankets in your room. I guess you have to pay extra for that.
Had a good visit with the guys and they are on their way to Adelaide
where they will meet up with Peter's daughter Vicki and then head west.
Glad you enjoyed the jokes, my friend. Take care, Regards, Merle.
Oh great, a cliffhanger..so what's on the menu for dinner ----PIZZA!
LOL
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home