481 – Warm Week Ahead!
The temps are on the rise this week, with it going up over 95 on Thursday so the forecast says! Good Vette weather! *S*
Is it too early to mention, 37 more days till my next vacation? *chuckling*
It was a beautiful weekend here, with temps in the 80’s on Saturday, and low 70’s on Sunday. We took the Vette to our club’s cruise night on Saturday where it was my turn to DJ, and we filled the parking lot and then some. It’s nice to see some of the younger people getting into cars, and older ones at that, bringing them back to their original glory. It’s a good hobby, and keeps them off the streets and the bad influences.
I’m hoping to go see the new X-Men movie this coming weekend, as it’s gotten incredible reviews and is raking in the money at the box office! Also coming out this weekend, is Super 8, another Sci-Fi movie.
So.. how was everyone else's weekend??
And now, for something funny:
The Homeless Woman:
A woman was walking down the street. Without warning, she was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless woman who asked her for a couple of dollars for dinner.
The woman took out her bill fold, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some wine with it instead of dinner?"
"No, I had to stop drinking years ago" the homeless woman replied.
"Will you use it to go shopping instead of buying food?" the woman asked.
"No, I don't waste time shopping, the homeless woman said. "I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."
"Will you spend this on a beauty salon instead of food?" the woman asked.
"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless woman. "I haven't had my hair done In 20 years!"
"Well," said the woman, "I'm not going to give you the money. Instead, I'm going to take you out for dinner with my hubby and myself tonight."
The homeless woman was astounded. "Won't your husband be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell pretty disgusting."
The woman replied, "That's okay. It's important for him to see what a woman looks like after she has given up shopping, hair appointments, and wine."
The Married Cajun:
A married Cajun went into the confessional and said to his priest, "I almos' had de affair wid annuder woman."
The priest said, "What do you mean, almost?"
The Cajun said, "Well, we get undress' and rub together, but den I stop."
The priest said, "Rubbing together is the same as putting it in. You're not to see that woman again. For your penance, say five Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box."
The Cajun left the confessional, said his prayers, and then walked over to the poor box. He paused for a moment and then started to leave.
The priest, who was watching, quickly ran over to him saying, "I saw that. You didn't put any money in the poor box!"
The Cajun replied, "Yeah fadder, but me..I rub de $50 on de box, and 'cordin' to you, that be de same as puttin' it in."
Have a great day all!

2 Comments:
Suddenly I can comment on blogger blogs again here at work. I'm taking advantage while I can.
Can't wait to see Super 8. I also want to see "Cowboys & Aliens."
We've been hitting 98 and 99 this week, but so far we still haven't hit 100 yet (early for that even here).
Hi Dave ~~ I am so happy that someone is having nice warm weather we have have top temps of 10C -50F and it has been very cold. Glad you have had the Vette out a few times.
AND 37 days until Vacation. Lucky
you - only 35 now. My son John is 57 today - no wonder I feel old.
I liked your jokes as usual Dave.
I am going well and can miss physio next week and go a week later, so she is happy with me. Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home