Friday, June 24, 2011

486 – End of a Busy Week

Well, the week is coming to an end, but I’m still busier than ever. I’m going out to dinner with a friend tonight who’s moving to Delaware soon, and tomorrow, I have 2 picnics to go to, one being my friend Dave’s 50th birthday party!

Sunday, I’m going to an all day picnic, so I hope I have a chance to relax at least a bit.

My Fathers Day, last Sunday was probably one of the best I’ve ever had. My brother and I went to see my mom in the morning, then the kids came over for a nice steak on the grill lunch. We all spent some quality time together, and all was well at home.

It’s also been raining just about all week, but that’s normal as our local PGA Tour Golf Event is this week, and it always rains during it! *LOL*

On to something funny:

Grandma and Grandpa were visiting their kids overnight.When Grandpa found a
bottle of Viagra in his son's medicine cabinet, he asked about using one of
the pills.

The son said: "I don't think you should take one Dad, they're very strong
and very expensive."

"How much?" asked Grandpa.

"$10.00 a pill," Answered the son.

"I don't care:" said Grandpa, "I'd still like to try one, and before we
leave in the morning, I'll put the money under the pillow."

Later the next morning, the son found $110.00 under the pillow.

He called Grandpa and said: "I told you each pill was $10.00, not $110.00."

"I know," said Grandpa "The hundred is from Grandma!"

 

Augusta 4/25/11

Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Georgia, told police
he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta,
on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket... When
confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and
ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were two Marines collecting toys for the "Toys for
Tots" program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of
the Marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to
be severe.  After Police and an ambulance arrived at the scene Cpl. Duggan
was transported for treatment.
The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms,
a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs,
multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken
jaw...injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off of the curb after
stabbing the Marine.

Now that was a well written Police report.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I am so glad that you and your family had a good Father's Day
and that you went to visit your mom.
I hope the picnics turned out well,
preferably with no rain.
I enjoyed your jokes and hadn't heard them either. Glad you enjoyed mine and some were new. That's hard to find. I am still doing well. Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.

June 25, 2011 at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home