Friday, July 8, 2011

490 - Time

I attended a wake last night for a friend I went to grammar school with. He worked in construction, and he built the office I have in my house, and did an exceptional job of it.
He was 54, same as me. He leaves a wonderful wife, and 3 sons. He was very involved in Little League Baseball, and all 3 sons were players at one time. He really was a great guy, and collapsed at work last Friday, and never regained consciousness.
I’m the same age.

The older I get, the more I think about things like this. I can’t help it.

Well, a bit over 5 days till vacation.. there’s at least one thing to keep a smile on my face.

Mom’s doing a bit better in her new place, and it’s a lot closer for my brother and I (not to mention her friends).

No funny for today… but wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And i older than you still! Yep, it's something to think about, though i am sure there are times when you "almost" wish for death to come, such as when you are very ill, or have lost someone very close to you, then it really can't be helped. In your case, just keep living for those wondrous vacations of yours!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Yours,

'lil o (michelle)

July 8, 2011 at 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Mark said...

So sad, and yes, that would make you think. Sorry to hear about it, Dave.

July 11, 2011 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Sorry about the loss of your friend much too early in life.
I forgot to say how funny the joke was about Mamma cooking the parrot
who recited the Bible.
I am glad your mother is closer to you and your brother as well as her friends. No more falls I hope.
Cheers, Merle.

July 12, 2011 at 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home