Monday, June 27, 2011

487 – Where Did the Weekend Go?

What a whirlwind weekend!

Friday night, out with my friend John to a dinner, Saturday, 2 parties including my friend Dave’s 50’th birthday party, Sunday, a picnic. I lost my weekend!

Well, the State of Connecticut Employees Unions rejected some concessions that the Governor had asked us to give, and now he’s threatening 7500 layoffs! No good can come from this, I’m sure. I’m hoping to be safe, with almost 10 years of service, but one never knows.

16 Days till our next vacation. Between then, I have 2 days off too! *S*

How far is the TSA going to go when they ask a 95 year old cancer patient to remove her diaper! Does common sense exist anymore?

On to something funny: (from my friend Mike H)

Subject:    Arizona Department of Safety

An Arizona Department of Safety Officer pulled Mike Murray over for a weapons check because of his NRA bumper sticker.

When the officer approached, the man handed him his driver's license, insurance card and concealed carry permit (CCP).

The officer took the documents, looked them over and said "Mr. Murray I see you have a CCP.
Do you have any weapons with you?"

The man replied "Yes.  I have a .357 handgun in a hip holster a .45 in the glove box and a
.22 derringer in my boot."

The officer looked at him and asked "Anything else?"

"Yes.  I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge and an AR-15 in the trunk."

The officer asked if he was driving to or from a shooting range and the man said he was not.

The officer bent over, looked into his face and said "Mr. Murray you are carrying quite a few guns.  May I ask what you are afraid of?"

Mike locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered "Not a F***ing thing."

Have a great Monday all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I guess you could say he had reasons to feel safe.

June 27, 2011 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Great joke there- thanks.
What a lovely comment that you find joy in all my posts. Thank you so much, that was so nice of you. Glad you liked the jokes. Take care my friend, Regards,Merle.

June 28, 2011 at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home