Monday, August 29, 2011

505 - Aftermath

Well, the storm has gone by, and we’re safe and sound. Luckily, it wasn’t nearly as bad as it was purported to be, though we got upwards of 10 inches of rain. Many roads in town are flooded, and at the height of the storm, over 770,000 were without power in our state. That number now is down to around 680,000. Some people are going to be without power for most of the week. My daughter and her boyfriends house is without power, but she can always come to her condo in our town as the power is on there.

Here's a link of some of the pictures from our state.

Trees are down all over, and quite a few roads are impassible, or even some washed out.

That’s it for now….

2 Comments:

Blogger Kent said...

Glad you and yours are safe.

August 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I am glad that you and yours are safe. The pictures are a
good idea of how much damage was done. I looked at the first 20 of them. Thanks for sharing. I hope the power is soon back on for everyone.
I am glad you enjoyed the story of Dad and Cheyenne - it was a good one
and all the folks who commented so far have mentioned it. Take great care my friend, Regards, Merle.

August 30, 2011 at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home